JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issues with back gesture causing UI to restart instead of closing settings and returning to home screen

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
JD931
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

If in settings screen and I use back gesture it causes the UI to restart. Instead of the back gesture closing settings and returning me to the home screen it restarts the UI and I'm on the lock screen. Upon unlocking I'm taken back to settings screen. 

3 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Restart your phone.  If this does not solve your issue, try restarting your phone again, and clearing the cache on the device during startup.

JD931
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It seems a bit counter productive to have to restart my phone for this. Clearing cache doesn't help and I've restarted my phone other times that still have this issue present
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

It may seem counter productive, but anyone who works with computer support will tell you to restart it first.  This literally resolved 75% of the issues people see with computing hardware.

Sorry this did not work for you.  My next set of options would be to start your phone in safe mode, and see if the problem persists, if it does not, then you likely have a rogue app that is causing your issue.

If that does not work, and Factory resetting your device is off the table, then I would take it to an authorized service center, and see if they can determine what is causing your issue.