Original topic:

How can I delete a "Do Not Disturb schedule"?

(Topic created: 08-18-2024 01:53 AM)
DHori
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have an S24plus. I was messing around when I first got it and set up a DND schedule from 10pm to 7 am. I have toggled the DND quick setting to Off but it still gives me an audible notification at 7 even though I have all sounds turned off. Also, under the DND settings, it does not show up under Schedule do I can't delete it. When I tap the + I front of Add Schedule, the 10pm to 7am schedule shows up under Set Time, but with no Schdule name  so I cannot delete it nor change any of the times. How on earth can I delete this schedule? I have tried everything!

1000002790.jpg

0 Likes
13 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You cant delete, but you can turn off or modify. I just went through every pre configured mode and was able to make adjustments to everything. What mode(s) are you tying to modify?
0 Likes
danlz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The problem is that currently I have no modes defined, but I still have 3 DND schedules (which were created by modes) and I can't delete them.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Modes does not create schedules on its own.  Each mode has a preconfigured schedule that can be changed and not deleted.  You should be able to turn off any mode that is on auto start via the schedule or edit the schedule. You can delete the mode (even the pre-installed ones) by long pressing on the mode and clicking the delete button at the bottom of the screen. You can go in and edit the mode and  tap "turn on automatically" and disable the schedule.  That way the mode stays, but the mode can only be started manually.  You can also tap on the section of the mode that says do not disturb:on and delete the do not disturb by clicking the "-" next to it.

Screenshot_20240818_163735_Modes and Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20240818_163944_Modes and Routines.jpgScreenshot_20240818_164026_Modes and Routines.jpg

Bottom line, is if you do not want a mode to start automatically, go into the mode and turn off start automatically.  Then you don't have to worry about DND schedules.

0 Likes
danlz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

A mode DOES create a DND schedule when you activate it and it usually deletes the schedule when you deactivate it (but not always).

As you can see on the screenshots below, I have 3 DND schedules created by modes, which I cannot delete.

Screenshot_20240818_231413_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240818_231423_Settings.jpg

0 Likes