Original topic:

Headphones Issue

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userOrxYxg30Kt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi 

I have had my s24+ for about two months now, and I have noticed an issue when using headphones with the phone; so far, I have used two headphones, Powerbeats Pro and Buds3 Pro. 

After receiving a phone call, regardless of the app that is used for the call, if I was watching a video or listening to music before the call, no audio from the media plays after the call unless I go into the Bluetooth settings and turn off the call option for the headphones, then it plays the audio.

Or after the call, my media continues playing as if I was still on the call ie; sounds glitchy and drowned out until I turn off the call option as well.

At first, I thought the issue was with the Powerbeats headphones; however, the issue persists with the Samsung  Buds3 Pro headphones.

Not sure if anyone has a similar issue or a fix for this. Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
Kirbyc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue here as well I was walking in the park yesterday and when I was talking to my girlfriend with the Buds 3 Pro I had the ambient setting on and every 5 minutes the call would cut in and out. I just reset them to see if it would help.
0 Likes
Christ0pher
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This is because the "call" connectivity of your headset+headphones uses a different audio profile than what you expect with "media." This headset profile is analogous to old "telephone quality audio" and will sound like the hold music when calling customer service.

This same glitchy behavior can happen in windows by playing audio as normal via the "headphones" and then selecting the "headset" microphone in Windows classic audio control panel (or by disabling "headset" from device manager).

The way modern headphones fall back to classic hands free Bluetooth audio profiles is infuriating, to say the least.

It's anybody's guess as to why it happens, I would:

1) Clear your phone cache partition from the volume up (or down) boot menu when you power on and hold the appropriate volume button
2) Check for any apps you've recently installed or updated that use the microphone
3) especially assistant apps or Bixby
4) Check that you haven't tweaked the Bluetooth options in Developer Settings
5) or other areas of your phone like accessibility Settings
6) Remove / unpair and re-add the Bluetooth devices in question
7) check for an app for your BT headset, or check the website for any firmware updates that may help resolve the issue.