Original topic:

Feature to mute phone at night but only receive calls from certain numbers

(Topic created: Sunday)
userveftSgroB7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I mute my phone at night but I would like it to ring only for calls from certain numbers.

Great for family, business or other sources emergencies. 
4 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@userveftSgroB7 You want to use Do Not Disturb (DND). In the DND settings you can indicate which calls you want to come through. 

userveftSgroB7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi, thank you for your prompt response 🙂

DND may be too convoluted for a lighter workflow:

Every night I turn off the sound.
Assume for this discussion, there is a feature called "DISTURB_ME".
When "DISTURB_ME" is enabled, all numbers mentioned in the "DISTURB_ME" list can ring through even though "I turned off the sound."

This is either the converse of DND, or a DND replacement.
Its workflow is more intuitive, I find:
I turn my sound off every day, but I permanently want my son or mother to wake me in case of emergency.

It was just a thought from me, please feel free to consider as you wish 🙂

Regards, Elie

0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
I have DND to enable every night and disable in the morning. The only exceptions I have configured are a few family members who can reach me any time. Very light weight, very simple, set and forget.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
If you don't want to use dnd, you can set a routine in modes and routines.
Use the following trigger:
If incoming call (from specific users - choose users), then call volume (set to the level you want). Or you can set a custom mode - call it silent mode, whereby you either set the trigger (time) or turn it on manually. You can enable silencing all sounds and incorporate dnd into it, allowing those callers to come through. If you set the automatic trigger, you don't even have to remember to turn it on.
1728867677916.jpg1728868061368.jpg