JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edits made in Samsung gallery saving to google photos not samsung gallery

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 05:41 PM)
Members_Xia6G8w
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I edited a video in the Samsung gallery in order to use it for my  S24 wallpaper. When I save it, it doesn't save in my gallery but in Google Photos. Google doesn't allow me to apply it as wallpaper nor does it give me the option to save it to my Samsung gallery where I can apply it as my wallpaper. Any suggestions?

6 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Open Google photos select the item you want click the 3 dots in the corner and you should see download

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Members_Xia6G8w
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for your quick response! Unfortunately, when I click on the 3 dots, google photos doesn't give me that option; it allows me to add it to an album, move to archive, delete from device, etc. along with storage details. No option to make it my wallpaper. I tried turning off my back up to google photos to see if it would save to my Samsung gallery after editing in Samsung Gallery  (again), but that didn't work either. I would just like to edit in my Samsung Gallery and have my edited video saved there.

0 Likes
Mops777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I deleted photos from Google photos. I found out it also deleted photos from my gallery. WHY?
0 Likes
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Because they're synced?
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Generally when you edit a photo or video in Gallery that edit replaces the original unless you specifically Save as Copy then both will be saved in your Gallery I just tried in my Gallery and everything worked as it should
0 Likes
Solution
Members_Xia6G8w
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you so much for your responses. I went ahead and sent the video from Google Photos to myself via text and saved it in my Samsung Gallery and was then able to set it as my wallpaper. I appreciate your help!

0 Likes