Original topic:

Delayed software updates

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
Cephas1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

It really sucks that you buy a flagship device and updates gets delayed, I'm using an S24 unlocked version and I'm still on August security patch meanwhile even s22 from other countries already have this. One UI 6.1.1 update took more than a month before reaching my device 

13 Replies
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

@Cephas1 

Who is your carrier?

0 Likes
Cephas1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

The device is not carried locked but I do use Vodafone 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Not sure about you, but i got the October patch and I'm also on a Samsung Galaxy S24, might depend on your carrier, for me its Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
Cephas1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I even contacted Samsung support and they took the IMEI code and said there is nothing they can do and that it's country dependent but I mean why pay for premium and get updates later. Other brands are able to give updates at the same time so why can't Samsung. This is one of the major complaints about Samsung but it seems they do not care 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Carrier locked or not, updates and patches are rolled out from your carrier. Contact them.
Cephas1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

So can this be changed? 

Like changing to a different carrier change this without having to reset device?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You would change your carrier just to get an update? You don't have to reset your phone to get an update. If you have a computer, you could try forcing an update using SmartSwitch. Download Smart Switch for the computer, connect your phone using a usb-c cable, start Smart Switch and choose update. If an update is available for you, you should be able to download it.
Cephas1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm gonna try smart switch but I saw online about changing CSC code to s different country, is that a better option?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I cannot speak to that.
0 Likes