Original topic:

Bluetooth Codecs Request/Feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 07:11 AM)
userlWVGWLurOv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Please stop constraining Bluetooth codec access. Am completely shocked my new S24 can't use aptx adaptive. APTx lossless also needs to be added. Restricting any of this because of your own Samsung codec strikes as the kind of move that prevents from wanting to use apple products. Please unlock Codecs that the Qualcomm chip s built to support. 

25 Replies
KenRappold
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung, please make the change(s) needed to enable supported bluetooth codecs. I upgraded to the S24 when it was launched from an LG V60 and listening to music via my headphones is more than disappointing.
Competition within this space for our hard-earned money deserves the support from Samsung.

0 Likes
joe_ch1p
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got the S24 Ultra and canā€™t believe there is no support for APTx Adaptive or Lossless. It didnā€™t even occur to me that a flagship phone wouldnā€™t have it. Iā€™m getting really **bleep** off with the way these companies try to lock customers in and unless this is resolved, this will be my last Samsung phone.

0 Likes
Peye
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung is going to definitely push away lots of loyal customers, just by trying their mumbo jumbo on their specific audio devices. Android is supposed to be fully supported by lots of different manufacturers. I don't know about anyone's opinion, but I'm starting to smell fresh Apples here. Samsung doesn't seem to care about us, the loyal customers. Some of us have been supporting them buying almost every Galaxy device they lunch, trying to be up to date with new and fresh features. This will be the end of the line with Samsung for me.
0 Likes
Alteracy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't have nice headphones but in developer options you can select a few bluetooth audio drivers. As of today mine has SBC, AAC, Qualcomm aptX audio, LDAC and SSC options. After selecting codes from here you need to enable it in the bluetooth menu on device. Does aptX audio not include lossless or adaptive? Just asking because I don't know and was looking for a new pair since new Buds 3 Pro only comes with SSC.

0 Likes
Members_CIuZ79t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, @Alteracy , this is only the most basic AptX, no AptX HD, Lossless or Adaptive, which is even more stupid taking into account that they are using Qualcom chips, which natively support all these codecs. I have nothing against SSC and I own beside of other TWS their Buds Pros, but what I don't understand is why Samsung artificially limits the amount of codecs on their devices like that. I think this is done because of the pure greediness (I guess they have to pay Qualcom something for licences), but it looks even more stupid when they present their flagship phones together with Qualcom and Google speaking about their unique collaboration work šŸ˜Š

0 Likes
Alteracy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I guess it is the korean greediness of not listening other people. They are collaborating with Qualcomm that is why I don't see a licensing is an issue. After AKG update and Harman Group their earphones are quite good for me and the price is ok so I have been using Galaxy Buds. If they had another codec it would be good though because I am also using them with my Microsoft computer. I hate it when hands free opens and music quality goes down bad. Or if they make a dongle for computers (SSC adapter etc.). Apple making us not get good things because of the race. I remember getting Type-A to Type-C adaptor inside my S9+'s box. Ecosystem thing made Samsung 2nd Apple.

0 Likes