Bixby doesn't send text on Google Messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Options
Galaxy S24

Bixby doesnt send texts even with galaxy devices on with google messages

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
It does for me. Used it today actually. Had my buds 2 pro and GW5 Pro on and through the buds I activated Bixby and had it respond to a text I had gotten. Calling using hands free Bixby has gotten weird for me though.
If I have Bixby call someone, nothing will happen at all, then at some point 15-30 min later, it will decide to then call that person. It's very annoying tbh.
Seems like the update needs a little refinement on playing nice with Google.
I don't use Bixby ever though, only when my buds are in and because I have no choice there. I use Google Gemini Advanced version (paid version) and it's absolutely incredible! Absolutely blows any other assistant out of the water and I have gained immeasurable knowledge from it. Maybe consider switching off of Bixby until OneUI 7. We're definitely not getting any other noteworthy updates before OneUI 7 rolls out and I hear Bixby is going to actually be an actual contender for a worthy digital assistant!
For now, nothing comes even close to Gemini Advanced. Even the basic and free Gemini is far more helpful than Bixby.
Options
Galaxy S24
It also doesn't find my location.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for letting me know. I have turned off Bixby. Will try Bixby again when ui 7.0 comes out.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Bixby can't send text messages even with Bixby enable in google messages. Thanks for any help. 

usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to advanced and enableAllow Bixby And text on galaxy devices. Does it work?
Options
Galaxy S24
I stopped Bixby and restarted it. Hopefully this works
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Tried that. It worked once and stopped working.
0 Likes