JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto/S24 Issue?

(Topic created: 06-05-2024 02:06 PM)
herbielover98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had my S24 for about a month or so now and love it, but today was the first day I got to try out using Android Auto with it. It's my mom's car (2020 Hyundai Kona), and she uses CarPlay everyday with no issues, but when I went to plug my phone in, Maps immediately crashed, and the whole system was incredibly laggy. It wouldn't let me go to the home screen because Maps wouldn't open, just constantly crashing, and when I unplug my phone it still shows that it's charging (?) and it wouldn't restart. The only way I could get it to reboot was using a force reboot, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. And yes, I've tried uninstalling updates to Android Auto and reinstalling with no improvement 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
10 Replies
LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
There has been an update to all of the apps. Android Auto was just updated last week and new features were added. You may need to unpair your phone and delete it from your car. Pair it again.
It can be a little complicated to get everything paired right as carplay uses wifi. Just follow the steps of your car strictly.
Mine is paired with a Hyundai. You might also make sure any other devices are not on and connected to the car at the same time. This causes a big mess. If another phone connects while you are trying to connect yours, sometimes it won't allow your phone to connect until you turn off the other phone, turn off the car, and try to allow it to connect again.
Update all apps. They update nearly every day or every other day.
0 Likes