JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto/S24 Issue?

(Topic created: 06-05-2024 02:06 PM)
herbielover98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had my S24 for about a month or so now and love it, but today was the first day I got to try out using Android Auto with it. It's my mom's car (2020 Hyundai Kona), and she uses CarPlay everyday with no issues, but when I went to plug my phone in, Maps immediately crashed, and the whole system was incredibly laggy. It wouldn't let me go to the home screen because Maps wouldn't open, just constantly crashing, and when I unplug my phone it still shows that it's charging (?) and it wouldn't restart. The only way I could get it to reboot was using a force reboot, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. And yes, I've tried uninstalling updates to Android Auto and reinstalling with no improvement 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
herbielover98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Update: it works! The latest Maps update fixed it!

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I think part of the problem is with maps. It recently would not load in Android Auto.
Waze was fine though.
Will try again today to see if maps will load.
herbielover98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yea I just tried with Waze and it seemed to work fine, but my phone was still acting weird after unplugging, my clock wouldn't update and I still had to do a hard reset
0 Likes
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
There was an update of Maps in the Google Play Store.
Just tried it on Android Auto and all is working again for me.

I will say that I have noticed that Android Auto takes longer to load in my car's head unit on the S24 Ultra than it did with the S23U.
Don't know why. Alll the same settings. I'm also using AA Wireless to connect to my car.
MissAmazing
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, there's an issue with Google Maps. It's been constantly crashing since yesterday, draining my battery, and making my phone have weird issues (like the charging thing you mentioned). I'm hoping there's a fix soon
herbielover98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I did just see an update to Maps so I'll try again tomorrow and see if that changes anything šŸ¤·
0 Likes
Solution
herbielover98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Update: it works! The latest Maps update fixed it!
0 Likes
LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I think it is android auto. I was using android auto today and after that my phone keeps crashing. It crashes one UI. I don't think it's a specific app in Android Auto.
0 Likes
khalidbmm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

my android auto still not working ... I tried all tips stated above...

it want to Stat but freeze..I deleted apps data /cash and same issue 

I can not un install the new version and install an old working one 

0 Likes
Mastan1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

After a nightmarish couple days trying to figure this out I did an infotainment system reboot by holding down the volume button for about 20 seconds per the following video and AA is back up and running in all it's glory!! I hope this helps others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mRECNxoejg

To get to the reboot menu: hold Home + click in the power /volume controller + the skip track back button to get to the first debug menu select the bottom option from there hold the back button + click in the power/volume controller + the skip track back button to get to the menu with the reboot ...
0 Likes