JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8 in call volume low

(Topic created: 04-16-2018 04:07 PM)
usera3kLtCJUoT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Tried clearing cache Tried factory reboot Re installed SIM card Restarted in safe mode Still no change and extremely low call volume
155 Replies
usercIHJ3rIIeK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Tried eveyone elses suggestion but this worked for me. I put my electric toothbrush on it and surprisingly enough that fixed it. Thanks!

userR4M2vzsTzE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes put some alcohol on electric toothbrush and held upside down and works great. 

0 Likes
userlHHN1zYQGm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Update to Solution. I was about to take my phone in for repair or buy a new phone. I cleaned the speaker,  cleared cache,  and even a factory reset and still low volume.  I knew the problem was not from a screen protector as Iit would have obvious right away. On my phone the volume lowered over a period of time and i didn't realize it until I could barely here anything.  So I used my air compressor to blow air into the speaker. It worked immediately! Ear wax had blocked the sound from emitting. I used 90 PSIG of air, and no harm was done to my phone. So before paying for repair or buying a new phone,  go to a gas station and blow compressed air into the speaker. Good luck.

0 Likes
userwUEiVeVEuz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I only needed to clean the speaker with alcohol and q-tips.

I couldn't believe how loud my note-8 is now.

0 Likes
userYFUbAHl5hc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So I was having issues with low volume through ear piece during calls. I can barely hear the person speaking.

This is what I did:

Cleaned the ear piece with dettol antibacterial wipe (not required) but it may will loosen the dirt sitting on ear piece. The holes on the ear piece are too small thus something little bit wet may help.

Then I cleaned it with paper tower just to dry it up properly.

The last step was to use a tape. Use the sticky side on the ear piece and with your nail just gently press it or move your nail zig zag on it so that it properly sticks on the holes. Then press it little bit with you thumb. Remove the tape.

Use another piece of tape and do the same exercise again of gently pressing your nail and do zigzag movements on the tape so that it gets sticked to the ear piece again. It is just to pull out all dirt.

This has signaficanlty improved the sound quality. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
useroQHkPS8oMM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes my phone has gradually gotten to the point that i have to use earbuds to talk on the phone 

SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@useroQHkPS8oMM

Have you tried any of the steps mentioned in the thread?

0 Likes
useroQHkPS8oMM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes ive tried every step i could find and nothing works 

SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@useroQHkPS8oMM

Then I would suggest calling us at 1 800 726 7864, or using the Samsung+ application to schedule a repair for your phone.

0 Likes
user7maauAYfCk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Recent problem...while using BT the sound for media will change to "in call volume"  so sound is lower than typical media. If I disconnect from BT the sound stays as in call volume and only plays sound from ear speaker on phone. Must restart to resolve. Also found yesterday that video recorder on the camera would not work and had to restart. 

0 Likes