Original topic:

Buds3 Pro two different EQ options

(Topic created: a month ago)
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
Since I received my Buds3 Pro I've been trying to fine tune the sound. I have previously owned the Buds+ and the Buds FE and I only had the one EQ option by going through the phone settings, Sounds and Vibration, Sound quality and effects, Equalizer. Now since I'm using the Buds3 Pro I have that same option as well as a 2nd equalizer in the Wearable app. I am able to make changes to both equalizers to tune the sound but it's kinda confusing to know which one is making the biggest difference. I was wondering if I should leave the default EQ in the settings to normal or keep messing around with both of their custom settings. I know everyone's hearing and preferences are different but I don't know if I'm just fooling myself thinking that by messing around with both are making a difference. 
12 Replies
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, I just wanted to let it be known that I have exactly the same question. Nothing I've read in the manual, tips or anyone else's posts have addressed this issue. I'm extremely curious about this also.
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
Right on. I've tried Google and YouTube as well. We shall see if anyone knows for us. šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'll be keeping an eye out, also, and will let you know first if I find out anything.
I was able to find out quite a bit of good intel on Reddit when Samsung first delayed the release of the Buds3 Pro because of the quality control issues; I'll be looking there as well. Good luck!
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thank you
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thank you, as well!
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
Put your earbuds in your ears and go to Settings >sound and vibration>sound quality and effects>adapt sound>add personalized sound profile. This option will perform a hearing test playing beeping sounds at different frequencies through your earbuds, creating a personalized sound profile just for your ears. It's working great for my 70+ year old ears!
0 Likes
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yep. Already done. I've made a couple of them. First was real because I could hear all the beeps and the second I cheated and said no to all the beeps so it'd boost everything. But this is completely separate from what my question pertains to. Thank you anyways. šŸ™‚
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
Well, if you create a sound profile for your ears and Buds, you don't need any separate equalization. The created sound profile creates equalization, specifically customized for your hearing capabilities.
0 Likes
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Buds
You are correct. They are similar but not equal. Adapt Sound is a hearing test that adjusts frequencies to compensate for hearing loss, while the Equalizer optimizes sound for a specific music genre. And since there're two different equalizer options while using the Buds3 Pro is why I'm posting this question.
0 Likes