Original topic:

Galaxy fold 6, issues with phone calls on android auto

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
alitech
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have been speaking to samsung support and they have no clue how to fix this problem

My fold 6 has issues with calls over android auto. Android auto works fine with all other audio, navigation, assistant, music etc, everything works apart from phone calls. 

All I hear is distortion over phone calls with android auto. When I switch to speaker during calls, it works fine and I can hear them and the other party can here me, but when I switch back to bluetooth over android auto, loud jarring distortion and static can be heard when someone is speaking or when the phone is ringing. This is a very strange thing and only started happening once I moved everything over to the fold 6 last week. 

Here is a post that relates to my issue https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/257818721/cannot-make-or-receive-phone-calls-over-blue...

Samsung are not sure what the cause it, its a built in google app and I have disabled it, re-enabled it, updated it, newest firmware etc etc last installed yesterday, still same issue. 

I have deleted the bluetooth connections and re connected to the android auto in my car. Its not working still. 

I am at my wits end with all this. 

I need help and no one to help me, samsung as just asking me to go into a walk in center where I wont be able to show the issue as it only happens in the car. 

My fold 5 works like fully and iphone carplay works fully in the same car, just this fold 6 has issues. 

What could be the fix?

SAMSUNG IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU NEED TO FIX THIS.

5 Replies
yamialex
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It could be an issue with Google if it's not a Samsung app there's really not much they can do
0 Likes
Stumper
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's an issue with the car software .... update it to the latest version if you can do it over the air, otherwise go to the dealership ..... car software has not caught up with the new fold phones .... give it a try and let us know
0 Likes
alitech
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yeah, its an aftermarket headunit imported from China. I will have to speak to those guys. My BMWX5 does not have built in android or carplay so had to go aftermarket. Will keep you guys posted. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If it were me, with everything else working, I would do a Factory Reset, don't restore any backups and see if that corrects it. 

You can also try Settings->General->Reset->Reset Bluetooth first. 

It sounds like an app is interfering wit it. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
MrZeroLive
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have the same issue with my fold 6. Never had this problem with my Fold 4. I was able to get it working again for a few weeks after a bit experimenting but it's broken again. I have an aftermarket Sony head unit thats only a couple years old. Everything works fine except for phone calls. It's a pretty frustrating issue.
0 Likes