Original topic:

Flip 6 – Inner screen freezing and charging port not working

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
cfr805
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a frustrating experience with my Samsung Flip 6 in case anyone else is facing similar issues, and maybe get some advice.

I’ve only had my Flip 6 for about a month, but after a recent update last week, the phone completely stopped charging via the port, whether it’s open or closed. I contacted Samsung, and they wanted me to drive 40 miles to get it looked at, but that wasn't practical for me, especially since I can’t be without my phone for an extended period of time. Luckily, it still charges wirelessly, and I was able to resolve this issue by filing a warranty claim with AT&T. They’re sending me a new phone, which gave me some hope that maybe I just had a bad unit.

However, today at the gym, I opened my phone only to find that the main screen is completely unresponsive—frozen solid. No matter what I do, it won't respond to touch. I’ve tried restarting it several times, turning it off and on, different charging cables, different plugs, everything... and nothing works. Now, I can only use the front screen for basic tasks since it’s the only thing that still works.

At this point, my confidence in the Flip 6 is pretty much gone. I’m still waiting for the warranty replacement, but now I’m seriously wondering if the new phone will have the same issues or if I just got a lemon. Has anyone else had similar problems? Is there something I’m missing? I’ve exhausted all my options, and I really don’t want to lose faith in this phone, but it’s been a rough experience so far.

Samsung, if you're listening, please help. This has been incredibly frustrating!

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
26 Replies
Members_m2h5npX
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Have the same problem with mine. They wanted me to send it off to samsung for repair, but i also have AT&T insurance, so I caved and paid the deductible to have a new phone sent to me. Should receive it tomorrow. I dont know what caused the issue, but touch and charging port just gave up the ghost. Fortunately i figured out how to wipe the phone so i am sending back a reset phone instead of one with all of my information on it.

cfr805
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I hope you didn't pay. The phones come with a 1 year warranty from Samsung. ATT sent my phone away and sent me a new one on that. You can bet I'm leaving Samsung as soon as I can trade in based on this experience.
0 Likes
usernxB9oP41VF
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello!

Yesterday, I got the new Z Flip 6 512 GB. When I charge the phone with a USB C cable including another Samsung one I have for my Samsung laptop or any other USB C cable or even a wireless charger, the phone will only charge up to 73%. When using the cable the phone came with, it charges fully. 

Is this a known issue? Curious why it would only charge up to 73% with other chargers.

userI2wer9uMFG
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you have 'battery protection' on, it'll only let your phone charge to a lesser amount. Or maybe your phone it turning it on a a fail safe...?
0 Likes
usernxB9oP41VF
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, I did check if it was on battery protection and it is not. Now I'm wondering if I have a defected device as it's still happening intermittently including right now as I'm using a brand new USB C charger and it won't go any higher than 75%. 

0 Likes
jujuca
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

after 6 weeks the phone did not charge. And it died and did not work again. I had called samsung support several times because the notifications where still showing up even the apps where block from notifications. It was nightmare. After the screen started to get frozen once in a while. Finally one day it did not charge and in the repair shop they turn it off and it did not turn back on. They said it was a defective phone and it was the motherboard. The phone was like new, no scratches or any damage. I called samsung 3 times. They did hang up on me the first time. After 4 hours going from the repair shop to where i bought it, no solutions. Nobody would help. It's expensive! 6 weeks and it does not work and the warranty was not doing anything. Next day i had to call twice so I could have it repair. So now I don't have a phone for over a week and they will repair a defective phone. I don't even know when I will get it back. I understand that some phones are defective, but the costumer service should be better. It cannot be that a person who spend a bunch of money with a phone that it was defective stays a week with no phone. And I still don't know what is going on with it.

I tried to put a review 3 times and Samsung did not let me post it.

After over a week without phone I received the phone from the Samsung service.

Instead of repairing the charging port or motherboard as I was told that it was needed, they just replaced the screen even it did not even have a scratch. Nothing else. Now I notice that the top back of the phone is super hot, the battery is draining really fast and the first time I tried to charge it I got an error message. Right now is charging... but I don't know.

I also had problems with the notifications, even the apps where not allowed for notifications I would receive them anyway. Like, I would take a photo and I would receive a notification that I have a new photo. I had to call twice or 3 times the first week I had the phone to Samsung service and it took 2 Sessions of a technician accessing my phone to fix it. Now I have to start again because the did a factory reset of my phone to change the screen without telling me. The email from Samsung literally says "The Samsung service centre will make every effort possible to avoid erasing data from your phone, tablet or Laptops, however, certain repairs will require a complete factory reset of the device."

Certain repairs are all repairs. No exception, all repairs get a factory reset without a heads up. Luckily I just lost the data of the last 6 weeks. 

After buying a phone that is expensive, the service received is awful. 6 weeks, the phone dead and no help. And I have the Care plan... but nothing. I really regret buying it.  

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome, and thank you for being part of the Community. We understand how frustrating it is for the charging port to quit working and for the inner display to freeze.

Have you run the diagnostics in the Members app? In the app, select the Support tab>Phone Diagnostics

You can also try testing the phone in Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-galaxy-phone-is-not-charging/

For the charging port not working, you can try the steps here: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-galaxy-phone-is-not-charging/

For the screen freezing, you can try the steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10001440/

We also recommend submitting an error report in the Members app: https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

If you are still unable to wire-charge the phone and/or the screen continues freezing, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by an authorized technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the evaluation: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes