JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switched from S5 edge Android 6 to A11 Android 11, having difficulties with settings/ features

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 12:11 AM)
NKM01
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello all, well recently i was gifted a Samsung Galaxy A11 to replace my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Lets just say the process of learning this new phone is difficult. With that said, I can't  seem to find some functions i would normally find on other phones. For instance,  for a long while i couldnt figure out how you would share with bluetooth. Wasnt the same way for a long while, then i have this nice little stand off with the finger print sensor as well. (And I'll have to learn about how it works so i can figure out why it wont detect my finger 90% of the time) i guess i am asking for tips for how to use this phone without seeming to argue with it everyday? Idk. Personally i would've stuck with my s5, but even that is showing its age these days.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello @NKM01, I know how frustrating it is trying to adjust to a new phone. Here is a link to a simulator for the A11. It may help you to become more familiar with the settings on the phone. http://publish.samsungsimulator.com/simulator/bca96d4c-6dc1-47a5-bbc5-7780de7b1db6/

This article may help with the fingerprint issue you are experiencing. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200322 Sometimes it helps to register the same fingerprint more than once. 

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The s series are made better than the a series
0 Likes
NKM01
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hmmm... Well I cant exactly choose the phone I have right now. Sorry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Lol
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I agree s models are better i have S9+ it turns off screen goes black on on calls no new software updates,But a11 gets updates it would be nice if it had at least 3 gigs of ram it is a budget phone did take me a little to get use to coming from s9+
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
In biometrics finger print iris? I HAVE the a11 and it wasnt reading my finga print so i redid my fingas you can use 3 i think you toucb sca n lift til 100%
NKM01
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Though I think ill stop using the fingerprint. I can program my right finger all day and it still wont recognize it. Think that may do with my finger though than the phone. But thanks again
0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can do screen lock pattern r password face recognition iris scan
NKM01
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yeah, I have a password in place and a face iris as well as my left finger too. Its just my right finger it just wont recognize, and idk why.
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
On you tube there are videos on a11 its not the best ssgalaxy phone 32gigs storage 2gigs of ram yea its slow but hey i have 1 too from s9+ having issues n not getting updates But a11 gets updates.