Original topic:

Still having issues with my phone after it got hacked and performed a reset

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Igot hacked so I reset my phone reset everything I thought and now to the 2 weeks later I'm still having issues with my phone it's like it's doing things by itself turning on apps turning off apps changing recommendations and I would reset it and an hour later it'll be right back to where they had it or somebody had it anybody experience anything like this

19 Replies
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Whe. I said same as before I meat doing crazy stuff by it self again . The other day I update my phone from samsung and my phone worked for bout 2 hrs then bad to same problem
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Use a computer and change both the Google and Samsung password ad numbers and set up 2fa and in Google account second email for verification
0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You have gotten many great suggestions and you've most certainly got the only steps you could possibly take in this situation so I'm not sure if you're meaning to repeat yourself or not but you seem to be going in a circle with this thread have you done the suggested steps by the other users like uninstalling the known bad app?Also absolutely change your password to your Google account . You can also boot the phone into safe mode and that will tell you if it's an app that's causing it that's third party as in an app you downloaded, or if it's something that's much deeper like one of the users suggested. If it is system level it will still act up while the phone is in safe mode if it is caused just by an app you downloaded you will not experience any issue related to it while you're in safe mode since it disables all third party apps and that means every app that did not come on that phone when you first bought it. Once you find out if it's an app or system level you can reboot the phone and it will reboot back to normal mode and you'll still have all your data it just temporarily puts you into safe mode or diagnosis mode.

To boot into safe mode press and hold volume down+power button until the shutdown menu pops up then press and hold ( long press ) The shutdown button and it will turn into a new button labeled reboot into safe mode just continue with that and click that button and your phone will reboot into safe mode for you I would give it enough time around 30 minutes to an hour of running in safe mode to be absolutely sure then you can reboot back into normal mode and you'll likely have to factory reset the phone. I wouldn't back up anything aside from your user data like your contacts and call logs text messages, that kind of stuff.

Whatever you do do not back up any app data whatsoever otherwise you will be reinstalling this virus onto your fixed phone.

You could always play it extra safe and start fresh and not bring up anything from a backup it's not so bad to set up your phone again when you have a Google account, make sure you change your Google account password before you do this reset and make sure you don't forget the password because it will ask you for it after you reset if you don't reset the phone through the settings menu specifically, it triggers FRP protection, which forces you to put in your old password that unlocked your phone before the reset otherwise your phone will not unlock.

Please give these suggestions a shot and let us know how it goes!
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank everyone for the help I was starting to think I was going Nutt. Then I started screenshot everything that's how I found I'm not crazy lll
0 Likes
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sorry bout repeat it's not me
0 Likes
Twin41
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Someone hacked into all my devices an syncing all my emails an text messages. They also encrypted my finger print, lay screens on top of screens, control my data even after a factory reset they still there. It's been almost 3 years
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
1st do the reset again. Dont connect until you get past the setup screens. Make sure you have no sim card in the device. If you have an old one or extra, put that in after signing in and ethernet setup. Sign into nothing at first. Connect using an ethernet cable and adapter. Go to connected devices and make sure all sharing is turned off. Hit the settings menu hard. Start with connectivity. Make sure all is off. Everything. Once you install your sim card go to data usage. Allowed network apps, click on it, and turn on every one of them to wifi and not data and wifi. Then, location settings. Make sure no apps are allowed under app permissions. Location services all turned to off. Wifi scanning off, bluetooth scanning off.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Go to Google Services before you sign in and go thru each category, clearing any auto anything or unwanted connectivity. Don't connect until you put another sim card in that's not your main number. The unwanted activity could be tied to it. Once you lock it down, you can go back to your main number. Before turning on wifi on your phone, change your SSID. Also, get a vpn. Proton has a free one if you need to just get started. Get an email there, too. Open your playstore instead of signing in from Google Services. With the other sim card in sign up for a new account. Whatever is on your device is looking for a match to activate whatever is there. You need to make it new again. Get a new everything. Because assume your old accounts have been compromised. Or else you will be dealing with the same issues. Don't download anything unless your vpn is running. Go to setting also security and privacy and turn off play protect. Also, do the same in the settings menu in play store under general allow no automatic anything. You have to lock your device down. Hit the permissions manager too and go down the list limiting access to your sensors, phone, call log, contacts, camera, files, location, nearby devices, etc. If you use the same Samsung account, you can restore your files using it. But be very specific about what you restore. I wouldn't restore anything but files, but it is up to you. In connections under more connections VPN turn your vpn settings to always on VPN and block connections without vpn when you leave it unattended like at nite. In the battery settings under background usage limits put all apps to sleep, never auto sleeping apps and deep sleep everything. You can turn them back on when you click on them or wake them up. Get all the apps you use starting from the Samsung store. Delete your google account after usage each time. When you go to playstore it will ask you to sign in again. So you arent really deleting it but erasing it. The always on is a gateway to being hacked. Last but not least, restart on schedule. Every other day when you are sleeping, pick the time and date or every day. They can't hit a moving target.šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
DaveAro12345
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
When you reset, don't log back in, log in a new account.
0 Likes
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just wanted to update u all on my phone. I did what yall said to do to the dot took all night but I believe it might have worked . Thank u all .