Original topic:

Samsung A02 Internal storage is showing 8GB?

(Topic created: 08-25-2024 07:35 AM)
thabomhlangu
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My samsung A02 is 8gb internal storage and i don't know why because when i purchased the phone is was 32gb internal storage 

6 Replies
usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
32? That's a lot. I hadn't 8gb. Do you need more storage or something!?
usercNHp9HZXKj
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Storage is Full error
I need to delete everything in cloud,/Google storage 122g
I do not want to buy more room for 1.99 a month
0 Likes
Dazzza
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You need to take in to account that the OS takes space and all the apps you install, music you may have and pictures you take. The A02 does have the option to use a MicroSD card to increase storage options.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Very low storage
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I assume you mean that you now only have 8 GB available space and you are not talking about memory.

If you bought a phone with 32 GB of storage, it's very low storage in the first place - meant for people who only need a phone to be a phone with some extras.  The operating system takes up about 14 GB of storage, so already you are losing almost half your space.  Factor in reserved space for cache and file operations and that leaves you very little room for apps and files.  Your best practice would be to put in an SD card and save all your pictures, screen shots and music to the SD card.  You cannot run apps off the SD card, so pick which apps you really need and keep up with device optimization. Look for a deal on a phone with at least 128 GB of space around Black Friday - one of the newer A Series phones, perhaps.  Still budget, but with more space and features.

0 Likes
Hillbilly7
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks, I learned my expectations come from Star Trek original TV series. SD card or one of those backup plug in devises? I had download w/Windows phone plug in direct to laptop but it copied to a folder then to cloud? I got confused if I could delete the pics on the phone and have not attempted that yet
0 Likes