JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Bluetooth won't play through YouTube music app WHY???

(Topic created: 02-21-2024 08:00 AM)
baller11
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can't play through stereo with Bluetooth when I am in YouTube music app why??

19 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hi @baller11, would you be willing to provide a bit more info?

What happens when you attempt to play YouTube music while connected to the Bluetooth device in question? Is there silence? Does it play from the handset?

You may need to change your media output method while the content is playing. You can do so by pulling down the notification bar and selecting "Media Output" then select the desired output method.

It's also possible it is a bug with the YouTube Music app and you'll need to be connected to the Bluetooth device BEFORE playing music on the app. You may need to close and restart the app or reboot the phone to obtain the desired functionality also.
Michael Desmond
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Having the same problem with A52. Phone will connect to Bluetooth device but yt music continue to play through phone speakers.  Other apps including YouTube itself will play through Bluetooth device. Have tried closing all apps before connecting Bluetooth. 

This problem doesn't present when using yt music on S23 or with S7 tablet. 

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Keep in mind with YouTube music or YouTube you must have premium in order to have the screen off while listening to videos or music also make sure that the apps have background permission granted then once you connect to a Bluetooth speaker play the audio from YouTube music now in your sound settings make sure that you adjust the volume up on the Bluetooth speaker itself it will have its own sound adjustment
heretolearnkendra45
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just reading those 2 different pieces of info, has already brought some clarity for me šŸ˜…
Judy9403
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Have you been able to hear YTM thru speaker? I've tried everything. YouTube is fine and every other app I have but not this one. 

GaryJR
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Swipe down on main screen then select the gear icon on top right of screen, Select 'Sounds and Vibration' then scroll down and select 'Seperate App sound' and look at the app tab, if the youtube app is there, select app then deselect the youtube app.

Worked on my S23 Ultra

dougzak
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I was able to get mine to work by leaving the YouTube app selected under "Seperate App Sound" but selecting Blue Tooth Device instead of Phone on the last line which is labeled "Audio Device". I have an S23 phone.
Klarita
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That worked for my A52s! Thanks so much! šŸ˜„

0 Likes
Members_Agf5d7X
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

After one or two very frustrating minutes in my car trying to go somewhere, I finally said f*** it , I Should have Googled it long before all the time I wasted. Thank you Gary JR!!!

0 Likes