Original topic:

Location won't stay on Galaxy A10e

(Topic created: 05-21-2021 07:45 AM)
dreaddakkon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello.  My phone is a galaxy a10e and my location won't stay on.  After a few seconds it just shuts itself off.  Any idea what this is?

User_name
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

do you have any bixby routines enabled? have you tried it in safe mode? 

submit an error report via samsung members app

0 Likes
dreaddakkon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Safe mode?
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
dreaddakkon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Didn't fix problem. Should I delete all the grey apps
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Next step, I would recommend is wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
dreaddakkon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Still no dice ugggg
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Did this happen after a recent update to your device?

Is the software up to date on your device?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

0 Likes
dreaddakkon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's been almost a month and I think there was an update recently
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The next thing I would recommend is a factory reset. Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

dreaddakkon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Still isn't staying on
0 Likes