Original topic:

I forgot my Google account and I factory reset my phone and now I can't use don'

(Topic created: yesterday)
blazealot
Constellation
Options
I forgot my account n password so I thought I would factory reset it to make it like new and now I can't use my phone without having the Google account and I don't know what it was or why name I used for it help 
8 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

You would have to use Google's forgot password recovery tool.  In order to have a Google account, you have to have a Gmail account, so that would be the user name you used for Google.  I honestly don't understand how people forget their usernames and passwords for important accounts.  Surely you must have written it down somewhere.  At the very least, before a reset, you should make sure your ducks are in a row.

JollyCello
Asteroid
Options

@realaud I don't get it either. The one that really blows my mind, people can't remember a 4 digit pin. Do these people never update their devices, never turn off their phones.

kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Thing is..... To reset the password, it will send a one time pin to his phone that's not working.... Only way around this that I can think of, is putting his sim card in a working phone, then sign in to Google and do forgot password. But writing down your info or remembering it would've been a lot easier..... šŸ˜‚
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Their phone is working, just not getting into their Google account.  The code can still be sent, as long as the SIM is active.

0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Cause it's saved in phones so they don't forget also you do know memory problems exist right
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Memory problems do exist. That's why people either write passwords down or use a password manager. The phone keeps it in memory for convenience so you don't have to log in each time. Perhaps they should stop doing that. If a user has to log in each time, they are less likely to forget their credentials. Still does not explain why one would not make sure they knew these things before they did a reset. Especially since they did a reset absent any problem, just to make it "like new".

Kim9174
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So is anybody going to help them or are yall just going to go on about them for forgetting their password šŸ™
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No one can help him except Google. That is where he should direct his inquiries. This is not a Samsung problem or related to Samsung products. It is a Google/user problem.
0 Likes