Original topic:

Galaxy J3 stopped working

(Topic created: Friday)
Chris831
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
  • So my galaxy j3 phone stopped working I tried to soft reset it but when I pressed power and volume button down for 30 seconds it only vibrated even smacking it if its battery is good
  • When I tried the charger it still didnt work please help I have inportant stuff in it
0 Likes
11 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
It's volume UP and power button to reboot. What do you mean by not working? Doesn't power on? Doesn't charge? Black screen? You must give more details before anyone can make any suggestions.
0 Likes
Chris831
Constellation
Options

Ok so I do it it only vibrates ok so I wait so much time and doesnt work and sometimes when I pres volume up it makes an sound that I turned it up

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
If you are trying to restart your phone, you must press both buttons at exactly the same time, not one before the other. If you hit the volume up key before the power button, you will only turn up the volume. You can also just shut the phone down with the power button, and when you go to start it up again, hold both buttons until you see the Samsung logo.

But, what exactly is happening with your phone that it "stopped working"? What are you trying to accomplish by rebooting - other than general housekeeping?
0 Likes
Chris831
Constellation
Options
  • So I was making a game with godot and it blacked out so it doesnt reboot it vibrates some times and I dont think I can boot to recovery mode I haevnt seen the samsung logo and the device is samsung gaxy j3 (2017)
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
If you can turn the phone off, you can restart to recovery mode. If you can't turn the phone off by the button, let the battery die, charge it up and then restart to recovery mode. However, your phone is 7 years old, you might want to consider a new phone.

Is the screen entirely black? No getting back to the home screen at all?
0 Likes
Chris831
Constellation
Options

I want to say that I cant hear the charging I cant turn it on and I watched tutorials but it vibrates only

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
You will know when the battery dies because it won't vibrate when you hit the buttons. Depending on how much power you had when it went haywire could be anywhere from 6 to 24 hours. It could also just be that your screen picked that moment to die. As I said, you have an older phone, and replacing the screen or any other repair is likely to cost more than just buying an A series phone.
0 Likes
Chris831
Constellation
Options

no thanks I dont have that money so I guess I will try to fix it

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Well, if you want to try to fix it, do as I suggested and wait for the battery to die and then charge and try to boot again. If the screen is dead, it will have to be replaced. I hear some people do it themselves, but you have to know what you are doing and even a self-replacement is going to cost money. I suggest locating a ubreakifix location and get an evaluation and estimate, then make a decision. Your carrier may have some deals on an updated device that you can pay out with your service bill.
0 Likes