JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't add an entry to my Google calendar when using A53

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Members_XqMv5eP
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Quite recently, when I add an event to the Google Calendar on my phone, it gets coded as a Samsung calendar event. This means that it doesn't make it to my Google calendar and then doesnt get replicated to my calendar on other devices. It appears as if Samsung calendar is intercepting the add event request! 

I do not want to use Samsung calendar and am quite happy with just Google, so please don't tell me how to set it up and replicate across apps. That is not the problem. I have everything turned off and prefer it that way.

So far this has not happened when I add an event on my Samsung tablet, but maybe after some maintenance it'll be an issue there too.

Any idea what causes this and what I can do to fix it?

0 Likes
9 Replies
angelg4
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can try to disable Samsung calendar to see if it works.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
When you create the event in Samsung Calendar click on My Calendars and then pick your Google calendar. 1727835348599.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Are the calendars synced? The easiest way is to make sure the calendars are synced, then it doesn't matter which app an event is entered in. Even if you never use Samsung calendar, them being synced just makes life easy.
0 Likes
Members_XqMv5eP
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanx for the comments, but they don't fit the actual situation. First, the Samsung calendar is marked as disabled on my phone as well as anything related I can turn off. When I create the event I am using the Google "add event", not Samsung calendar. I don't want it to go to the Samsung calendar at all. Just directly into the Google calendar.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Google calendar doesn't have an "add event" but Samsung calendar does. Are you using the wrong icon perhaps? 1727880873036.jpg1727880873070.jpg
0 Likes
Members_XqMv5eP
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I don't know what you are looking at, but Google Calendar on my Samsung phone most certainly has an add icon. There is a plus sign in the lower right corner, and when you touch it, it offers a small menu. One of the entries is "Event". When I click on Event, there is a new form to use to enter the parameters of the event. This event is subsequently added to the Samsung calendar, which I do not use.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Members_XqMv5eP From your 2nd post, it sounded like you were long pressing the Calendar icon. Thanks for clarifying that you are doing it from inside the Calendar app. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have used Google Calendar from its inception on all my devices - Samsung and non-Samsung and never has it been intercepted by other calendar apps. I sync my Google Calendar to the Samsung calendar for convenience, but I do not use Samsung Calendar. Because they are synced, whatever I add to Google will appear in Samsung calendar and vice versa. If you are using a calendar widget, you have to make sure it's the Google Calendar widget or make sure your calendars are synced. I have no explanation as to why, whether you disabled Samsung Calendar or not, it would pop up to intercept your event. Possibly, like an internet browser you have to set Google as your default calendar, although I do not recall ever having to do so. I open it up and there it is. I'll give the standard advice: reboot into recovery mode and delete the cache partition and see if that unconfused the phone. Is this recent behavior? Until you figure it out, you can always open a a web browser and go to calendar.google.com and add your events on the web.
0 Likes
Solution
Members_XqMv5eP
Asteroid
Options

I've spent some time reconfiguring Google calendar on my phone, and in the process I have restored the original capability, so it is now working correctly.

I don't know what went wrong, nor what specifically fixed it. My guess is that the latest Samsung update messed with the Google app and by redoing a bunch of things, I put it back to where it should be. But I don't know.

Thanx for all the feedback.

0 Likes