JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A13 WIFi 6 no longer works

(Topic created: Saturday)
minsonj2016
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Sometime in the last year (I think) my A13 no longer connects via WIFI 6(HE mode) . It works fine on WIFI 5(AC mode).

Other devices on my network connect using HE mode .

I tested this on another network last night and the problem follows the phone .

A full factory reset was done recently and I reset just WIFI yesterday to no avail .

Currently on Android 14 , One UI 6.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nope. A13 5G has wifi 802.11 -a,b,g,n, and ac, not ax. There is no way A13 series could run in ax mode, the wifi modem is ac with backwards compatibility.

Look up the specifications and see.

We are asking Samsung Electronics Inc to put in a wifi 6 modem in the upcoming A16 5G phones.

The A13 5G, A14 5G, and A15 5G series of phones has an ac modem, no ax modem.

Your all welcome in advance.

Cheers
3Fees

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
minsonj2016
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

And I forgotten to mention my app 'WIFIMan'   is saying that wifi 6 is available but I'm not using it

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You don't know when it stopped connecting, but you waited all this time? Obviously, it didn't bother you too much. Is there a noticable difference in internet response time?
0 Likes
Solution
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nope. A13 5G has wifi 802.11 -a,b,g,n, and ac, not ax. There is no way A13 series could run in ax mode, the wifi modem is ac with backwards compatibility.

Look up the specifications and see.

We are asking Samsung Electronics Inc to put in a wifi 6 modem in the upcoming A16 5G phones.

The A13 5G, A14 5G, and A15 5G series of phones has an ac modem, no ax modem.

Your all welcome in advance.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
minsonj2016
Constellation
Options

Thanks for your help full and intelligent response that was very unlike the first one I received .

0 Likes