Original topic:

Can someone intercept phone calls and act like a T-Mobile agent?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
harveybar
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can some one intercept your phone calls and act like a tmobile agent? My phone has been comcompromised technically..."hacked".... but I am experiencing loss of network, and strange other things but it usually only happens when I'm trying to contact samsung?

0 Likes
6 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Spoofing is possible fir any phone
harveybar
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What's spoofing?
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Spoofing is when your caller ID shows a number that is faked as not from that person for example you have someone I'm contacts and your caller ID shows a call from them but it's not that person when you answer Linda like phishing sites that look legit
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Anybody can call or text you acting like a T-Mobile agent to scam you, but that doesn't necessarily mean your phone has been hacked, compromised, intruded upon. If you ever have any doubt about the validity of a T-Mobile contact, hang up (if it's a call), don't answer (if it's a text). Call T-Mobile by dialing 611 on your T-Mobile connected phone and inquire, or find another phone and dial T-Mobile's number directly 1-800-TMOBILE. I think it may just be coincidence the network drops when you are trying to contact Samsung - why would anyone want to block you from doing that? You can contact Samsung via email or text help through the Members app.
harveybar
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yeah thank you for your response. I actually just started being concern after I found a few apps installed that were not from the play store? And I never seen them before. All my contacts disappear, my phone won't update with the UI 6, and more. Security alerts of passwords, it shows I'm logged in with 2 other devices etc. I'm not sure what to do.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Delete/uninstall apps you do not recognize if you are sure they were not installed by an update. If you have a carrier locked phone, they oftentimes install apps. Can you name a few you don't recognize? Your Samsung and Google accounts may show the same device as different devices and/or logged in on two different sessions. It's OK to sign out any device you don't recognize. The worst that happens if you sign out the wrong device, is you will be asked to sign in again when next you use that device. If you turn on your phone's protection mode, you should be somewhat reassured. Settings/security and privacy.

If contacts are missing, look in Google contacts, as contacts get backed up/synced by default. Contacts.google.com - log into your account. You can also export your contacts from thete as a csv file to protect them for easy restoration, should they disappear. They can also be accessed through the contacts app on the phone.

If you truly think you are compromised, do a factory reset and start from scratch. If you were compromised, 90% of the time it's not the phone but one of your accounts, and you should change your account passwords.
0 Likes