JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tablet A7 Lite Text and Calls

(Topic created: 09-17-2023 10:02 AM)
CaptTom
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My android phone went for a swim in the harbor last night. I need to add that phone number to my Galaxy profile so I can receive calls and texts. Is there anyway to add that number without a security code being sent to a device that can't  receive it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

No.  If you were receiving calls and texts before it was because you were BT connected to your phone, without the phone there's no way to do that. 

Depending on your carrier, it might be possible to enable calling from your LTE tablet by buying a different plan but most US carriers don't offer that. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

No.  If you were receiving calls and texts before it was because you were BT connected to your phone, without the phone there's no way to do that. 

Depending on your carrier, it might be possible to enable calling from your LTE tablet by buying a different plan but most US carriers don't offer that. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro