JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab A7 Lite and Android Auto

(Topic created: 09-11-2023 01:42 PM)
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I plan to upgrade my phone from an iPhone 12 to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 but before I spent all of that money I wanted to be sure that the Android Auto app would work on the phone and on my car (2022 Jeep Wrangler). The Jeep docs say it is capable of running Android Auto. Since I don't yet have the phone I decided to try using my Tab A7 Lite. It is running Android 13 and my understanding is that AA is built into all Android OS version 10 and later, and I could not find AA for the tablet in the Google Play store.

But when I connected the tablet to the car AA would not run. The tablet gave me a message telling me that there were no apps on the tablet that worked with this system. I got out an old Android phone (Motorola G7) running Android 10 and tried that. It worked and I could run the apps on it on my Jeep, but when I tried using the Tab A7 Lite I again got the "no thank you" message.

Is there some reason AA won't work on the Tab A7 Lite? Or could it be that the Android OS version is too new? Or does AA only work with phones? I don't want to spend all of that money only to find out that I can't use Google Maps through my Jeep to help me avoid getting lost when in places I am not familiar with.

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@AJMike Android Auto is only going to be on your phone. It isn't on Tablets. 

[EDIT] Here is a link to the Google document -> https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en#zippy=%2Candroid-auto-on-your-car-displa...

AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Thank you for your help. This is a big relief as I was worried that my Jeep might not be compatible with newer Android OS releases.