Original topic:

Issues with Samsung Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro Sharing RNDIS Network via USB

(Topic created: 08-20-2024 12:15 AM)
hank2008
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi everyone,

I’m facing an issue with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro when trying to share an RNDIS network connection over USB. This setup works perfectly with other Android devices, but the Tab Active4 Pro doesn’t seem to support it.

Problem Description:

• Issue: The Tab Active4 Pro fails to share network via RNDIS over USB, unlike other Android devices which work fine.
  • Checks: I’ve verified device settings and ensured the system is up to date. No drivers seem to be missing.

Suspected Causes:

1. Device Restriction: The device might have a built-in restriction preventing RNDIS network sharing.
  2. Firmware Issue: There could be a firmware or system setting issue affecting this functionality.

Context:

I use this tablet for displaying video in airplane models, so a reliable network connection is crucial. If anyone has encountered similar issues or has solutions, please share your insights.

Thanks for your help!

Bestgards

Hank2008

0 Likes
2 Replies
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Attach this to an error report.  Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
hank2008
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thank you,  I would like to know if the OTG USB of the Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro supports this mode. I'm not sure if it is unsupported by design or if there is another issue. I'll send the log shortly.

Best rgards

hank2008

0 Likes