JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't load files & apps on micro sd card and have them remain there

(Topic created: 06-05-2023 03:56 AM)
wmlaveck
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) with Android 8. I have run out of internal memory. I have moved both apps & files from internal memory to my micro sd card. However the system keeps moving these back. It is getting hard to use my tablet with internal memory always full.

3 Replies
DrummerMan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Every time an app is updated the OS moves it back from the SD card to internal storage. You then have to move it back to the SD card till the next time it is updated. You then have to repeat this process each time this happens. To make it easier to keep up with, you can go into the Google Play Store settings and undo automatic update. The system will then notify you whenever an app has an update waiting. I had 4 apps to do this to just this morning.
Magicant1983
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
1. Don't do that with the actual apps as you will grind down the optimization of your apps going back and forth as such. SD memory space is more for pictures, music, and downloads (pdfs) that are expected to be moved, copied, or shared. However, IF you have to utilize the space like that, unlock your "Developer Options" under Settings and there is a check box for this exact feature.
2. Computers have limits and you cannot have it all so to speak. Time to make decisions for apps you don't necessarily have to have on that device, just saying.
0 Likes
Solution
wmlaveck
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I found a partial solution. App2SD moves app much faster than what I was using. Thanks for your feedback. My next tablet will have more memory.