Original topic:

Creating a new pin for Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: a month ago)
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi, it is my first time using samsung wallet and i cant create a new pin. When I try to create it just freeze I can't press anything nor go back 

19 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Your Samsung Wallet pin should be the same as your phone or watch pin.

0 Likes
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

Yes but when i try to enter a pin I can't press anything it is just freezing whenever I try to click on numbers It doesn't work.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Is anything else misbehaving? Is this on your phone or your watch?  If you enable biometrics and register a fingerprint, you can unlock the wallet with your fingerprint.

You could try optimizing your phone in device care and then reboot into recovery mode to clear your cache partition and see if that clears things up.  

Press and hold the power button and volume up keys until the phone restarts.  As soon as you see the Samsung logo on the restart, let go of the buttons and wait for the phone to enter recovery mode.  Navigate through the menu with the volume up and down keys til you get to "delete cache partition".  Use the power key to select.  You will get a warning that this action cannot be undone and asking you to confirm.  navigate to the yes option and select by pressing the power button.  After the cache is deleted, the restart phone option will be highlighted.  Use the power button to select and the phone will reboot.  Try setting the pin again and see if it works.

Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

Is this going to erase everything on my phone (pictures, file, etc)?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
No, it is just going to clear the cache. It is not a factory reset.
0 Likes
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

I tried to restart it but it doesnt work with the volume up key and the down one it is just restarting it.

0 Likes
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

It is on my phone and no nothing else is misbehaving.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
You have to hold the buttons until it restarts and you see the Samsung logo on the screen.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Power and volume up together at the same time. Not both volume keys.
0 Likes