Original topic:

Broke My Phone. How do I access Photos?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
SilasSzklany
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey guys, I broke the screen of my phone from dropping and decided to get a new phone. New one is an apple, and I really want my old photos back.

From looking at the website it seems like I have to use the Gallery app on my broken phone to access my old photos from my computer, which I obviously can't do.

Dealing with this website through all this has been really hard, because they seem to just assume your phone isn't broken and don't have much recourse for when it is...

5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Photos.google.com. your photos should have been syncing/backing up to Google. You can then download them to your computer or iphone. You said your screen broke, if the phone is still functional except for a black screen, connecting to a computer will allow you to access the file manager to move your photos over. Unless you already tossed the phone.
0 Likes
SilasSzklany
Asteroid
Options

Thanks so much for responding! It seems like my old phone is pretty dead, it's not registering as connected to the computer. Also wasn't backing up to google for some reason. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
The phones will only register as being connected to a computer if a) the computer has a usb c port or you have a usb-A to C adapter and b) a usb c cable of 25 watts or more, like the one that came with your phone. There are only 3 reasons your photos wouldn't have backed up to Google: you manually turned that feature off at some point, or you exceeded your 5GB allocation of free storage or you did not remain logged into your Google account. If your phone turns on, it is not dead even if you can't see the screen. You can probably still recover those photos by downloading smart switch for ios snd connecting phone to phone wirelessly or with usbc cable and transferring the files over to the new phone.
Because you switched to iphone you can't download your Samsung backup and possibly recover your photos that way. You would have been able to if you stuck with Sansung.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Did you try charging it first, then see if it turns on?
0 Likes
SilasSzklany
Asteroid
Options

Yeah, I did that. It won't charge, so I'm pretty sure it's dead.

0 Likes