Original topic:

My brilliant HT-E6750W home theater won't play surround sound from TV via HDMI Arc

(Topic created: a week ago)
kmd_santa
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi there!

My HT cannot play surround sound from Philips TV PUS7009 via HDMI Arc connection, it only plays in stereo mode. This TV, as my HT, supports all Dolby Digital and DTS audio formats.

I tried to play video from different streaming services on TV, from TV Box connected to TV via HDMI, I also tried to play Dolby Digital and DTS test tracks from USB connected to TV - it was always stereo. But when I changed connection between TV and HT to optical, it starts to play surround sound. 

I tried to test my Philips TV with my another home cinema system Samsung HW-Q900A and they works perfect. But I don't want to use HW-Q900A with this TV, because I use it with another TV - LG CX. I also tried to connect HT-E6750E to LG CX and there was no sound at all.

I sent details of this issue to Philips support. But after around two weeks conversation they didn't help me. We tried different connection options, different settings and different software. Finally they said:

"It is most likely the current firmware/software of the Samsung soundbar does not support or interact very well with newer Tv softwares. They are not able to transfer information between eachother very well. So they cannot support eachother, or they might support but it is limited to use it's full functionality such as Dolby or give full surround system."

I hope that despite the age of my audio system, Samsung will be able to assist in resolving my issue. I am reaching out because I deeply respect the values of your company, which are aimed at providing a quality user experience and meeting customer needs. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or recommendations you could offer.

Best regards, Pavel

0 Likes
0 Replies