Original topic:

Galaxy watch Ultra will not connect to Google Fi

(Topic created: a month ago)
mpenn34
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello, I bought a galaxy watch ultra at launch from samsung and recently rejoined Google Fi as my service provider. I had the watch ultra working on other providers including spectrum and t-mobile so I don't think it's an issue with the watch but when I try to add the mobile plan from Google fi to the watch I get an error that Google fi doesnt support mobile plans for smart watches and that I need to contact samsung customer care with an error code of -1. I have talked to Google fi numerous times but they are unsure of what the issue is. The last rep from Google fi told me I need to contact samsung to unlock the device but it is as I bought the unlocked version from samsung and have had the watch connected to other providers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a Watch6 Classic LTE sharing a phone number with my Z Fold5 on Google Fi. The watch is capable of independently making and receiving calls, but unless it's connected to the phone via Bluetooth, it can not send or receive texts. Google Fi tech support is absolutely useless. In their documentation online, they state that texting will work independently, but then they state that standalone texting on a paired watch sharing a number with a phone may not work. No explanation is provided. Good luck getting your Ultra working properly on Google Fi!
robo622k
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I swear some tech people are as dumb as they come. All they have to do is manually go into their system and activate the IMEI, I've had to do this with Verizon a few times. 

It so simple, 2 minutes tops.

0 Likes