JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Turn on Microphone Access to Talk" is too loud

(Topic created: 08-22-2024 09:11 AM)
Members_IFwmway
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I like the feature on my S24 Ultra that lets me turn off microphone access for the phone. I have almost always turned it off. When a call comes in, a very load "Turn off Microphone Access to Talk" message plays, even if I have the phone on Do Not Disturb. How can I turn the volume for this down?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Try turning down the ringtone. I accessed mine via the side buttons, and it expanded to media, notifications, ringtone volume speaker-like symbol for the icon, and system. See if that works. It reduced the volume of the audio telling me to turn on microphone access to talk drastically. I'm glad you asked this question. Now I fixed mine. Note, it will reduce the phone ringtone as well but not so much, although it's subjective to one's hearing. Or, access ringtone in settings under ringtone. Tell me if it works for you. I have a54, though.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Try turning down the ringtone. I accessed mine via the side buttons, and it expanded to media, notifications, ringtone volume speaker-like symbol for the icon, and system. See if that works. It reduced the volume of the audio telling me to turn on microphone access to talk drastically. I'm glad you asked this question. Now I fixed mine. Note, it will reduce the phone ringtone as well but not so much, although it's subjective to one's hearing. Or, access ringtone in settings under ringtone. Tell me if it works for you. I have a54, though.
Members_IFwmway
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you, and this looks like to be the case.

I guess I have to put in a suggestion for Samsung to modify their code in this case: the volume level for this feature should follow the other sound settings in the phone. Namely, if the phone is in "do not disturb" mode, this volume should also adhere to that setting.

Would you know if there is a place for submitting new suggestions to Samsung teams?

0 Likes