Original topic:

Voice call audio become garbled to the recipient after a short period

(Topic created: 09-03-2024 08:39 AM)
Bageland2000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have an S24, and I've had both Galaxy Buds2 Pro and Buds3 Pro both paired. With both devices, when making calls, after 30 seconds, the recipient will point out that my audio becomes extremely garbled. putting the earbuds back into the case momentarily and re-insterting them fixes the problem, but it'll only last for another 30 seconds or so before it happens again.

I've tried resetting both sets of buds and the problem persists. I've used another brand of earbuds (Poly) and there's no problem (maybe it's something specific to the connection protocol of the Samsung devices?)

Before I get some generic troubleshooting reply, I've already tried the following:

1.  Tried all the different audio settings (i.e. ambient, ANS, etc.)
  2. The earbuds are clean (the Buds3 pro immediately started doing it and they're brand new)
  3.  I've tried the accessibility settings; sound balance is normal
  4. There is nothing physically wrong with my phone
3 Replies
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello Bageland2000, 

Thank you for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We understand that the audio while on voice calls using your Galaxy Buds2 Pro is garbled. We understand placing the buds back into case and reentering temporary solves. We understand you have attempted many troubleshooting steps recommended. 

Please make sure your buds are up-to-date: 
1. Go to Galaxy Wearable app
2. Earbuds Settings
3. Earbuds software update
4. Download and install 

If your buds are up-to-date, check to see if Active noise-canceling is on. This will prevent background noise from getting through. 
1. Go to Galaxy wearable app
2. Tap Ambient Sound icon
3. Under Noise controls tap Active noise-cancelling

If you are still experiencing this issue check the earbud's battery level. 
Go to Galaxy wearable app to check the bud's battery level. 

If, the troubleshooting is not helpful, the phone will need to be evaluated by a certified technician. Please call us to ship the phone in for service, you may reach out to us via one of the following options:
 1.Facebook Messenger

2. Twitter

3. Private Message

0 Likes
Bageland2000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Why does this community forum exist if every "resolution" is basically an auto-generated response that tells you to do the most rudimentary troubleshooting then just tells you to take your device to a service center. What an absolute waste of time.

Options
Galaxy S24
Try clearing your Bluetooth cache, and if that doesn't help clear data.
Settings>apps (show system apps) > Bluetooth....
0 Likes