JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unexpected Heating When Battery is set to Maximum Protection

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 12:56 AM)
Members_0OwGYlk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I recently encountered a heating issue with my new Galaxy S24 and am seeking similar experiences from the community. I have used the feature that limits battery charging to 80% to help prolong battery life. Despite this, I noticed that the phone becomes unusually hot, reaching higher temperatures than when charged without this feature. I have fast charging disabled. If I were to charge my phone and unplug it when it reached 79%, the phone would feel slightly warm, if that. I am concerned that this heating contradicts the purpose of the feature, which is to extend the battery’s longevity. Has anyone else experienced this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_0OwGYlk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for taking the time to help. I found that if I restart the phone every 24 hours, it doesn't generate heat like it had previously.

View solution in context

5 Replies
muselli
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
No I have not had no problem with my gallery cuz I take care of it and I don't use it when it's charging cuz it will over heat my phone
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
You should go to the Support tab here in the Samsung Members app and create an error report. There's no way limiting charging to 80% should generate any heat. Samsung will probably have you take your phone to one of their service centers for inspection.
Solution
Members_0OwGYlk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for taking the time to help. I found that if I restart the phone every 24 hours, it doesn't generate heat like it had previously.

GpaEd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24 is set @ 80% also. Twice, this past week, I got a message on my Jeep Uconnect screen that my phone had become very hot. I didn't understand what that alert meant meant until yesterday when I asked A.I. about it
Eve1960
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm an experienced web and SDK, app developer for smartphones, and I've had a commercial digital company that develops websites and SDK apps since 1999, so I'm well versed in what's happening in the tech field today and specially now with AI being inserted into each large tech company to not only run their server systems, their telephone systems, Etc, this has totally put the technology for end users in the fast lane, too fast for end users to keep up with especially with the errors that were receiving when the software updates come to our computers and to our smartphones. It's unacceptable that the Samsung updates are missing up our s23 Ultra phones and all other smartphones as well and not taking accountability for it. I live in an ultra rural area where Samsung told me that it's over 75 miles from where I live and I'm disabled and I can't drive, and they really offered me no help except to say that I could mail the phone in and I can't be without my phone being disabled and living alone without any family in my state to help or friends. I told them this and they don't seem to really care because so I am forced with purchasing another phone in which I will go with Motorola and a Windows phone instead of Samsung Android. I'm not going to use Samsung anymore if they're not going to help me. I also have the heating problem, which I didn't have until after the update in April 2024 this month. It's shameful how Samsung is treating the end users now like we don't matter. Last year I was forced to be without a cell phone for 3 months, and it totally messed up my life. I just found out recently that during those three months I was sent some bills electronically that I had no idea I was billed for them for lab work, in the medical field and they were turned over to collections after 90 days which I had no idea had happened, and when I called earlier this want to pay on a medical bill that was due after 30 days, I was asked about my unpaid medical bills last year and I said I don't have any, and when they told me what they were and I checked I realized it was because my phone was out for over 3 months and it took me another month to get Verizon to restock all the equipment that my phone won't let me confirm so I could have a phone while they were fixing my phone lines. Total mess didn't need to happen. This is what happens when AI gets involved and shuts down your phone lines and your equipment and you're not able to get any phone hooked up. What a mess that AI is causing everyone and they're forcing artificial intelligence in the medical Arena, education Arena, in to people's lives in all different categories and turning everything upside down. Like Elon must says we need to set some kind of Technology standards for AI or it's going to be an absolute nightmare and this is already happening!
0 Likes