Original topic:

Too many incorrect unlock attempts

(Topic created: yesterday)
userL1nZptBUlJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

again am getting my S24 locked with the message "Too many incorrect unlock attempts" when it is in my pocket. 

This is quite serious. This could happen randomly when I need to use my phone for a critical situation (it controls many personal and business functions) and it would be locked for 30 minutes. I cannot express how frustrating I feel that this can happen.

Accidental touch protection is ON

Touch sensitivity in OFF

Unlock methods include fingerprint and face, for convenience due to a strong password.

This must be resolved. I cannot have a risk of my phone randomly locking up.

Can I get advice please?

17 Replies
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok yea thats definitely a software issue. I dont get why its doing that. Ill reach out to a tech support team manager. That is weird
Nick1970
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Check your extended unlock settings. It's probably set to remain unlocked while it's on you.
0 Likes
userL1nZptBUlJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks but extended lock is not being used at all.

The phone is going into my pocket locked and unlock methods are only password/pin, face, and fingerprint.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
The easiest solution would be to take the phone out of your pocket and use a holster. Pockets do more damage to phones than anything.
0 Likes
userL1nZptBUlJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

If you're saying the Samsung phone has such a flaw that needs a holster, then should we switch to iPhones? C'mon, this is not a solution.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
No, I'm saying NO phone should be in a pocket. And it is a solution, just not one you like.
0 Likes
userL1nZptBUlJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm sorry but that is not an answer. Most people keep their phones in a pocket, and this problem does not happen. There is a setting or condition or bug that is causing this.

If you don't want to use a pocket, that's fine for you. Most people have moved away from holsters when BlackBerrys faded away...

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
And every guy who puts their phone in their pocket is always complaining sbout something. The others are correct, put in an error report, ad othet users here cannot help you, especially ehen you won't accept a solution that eill at least help you in the short term.
0 Likes