Original topic:

Spell check missing from General Management

(Topic created: a week ago)
Nancy_Farmer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi, I've been trying to turn on the spell check on a Galaxy S24 Ultra phone, but I cannot find it anywhere in settings. It should be under general management but it's simply not there.

0 Likes
8 Replies
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Under settings, when you first open it, there is a search bar at the very top. Type in "Messages" and it should give you the options for text messages, spell check is one of them. Good luck
0 Likes
Nancy_Farmer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

SmartSelect_20240929_182605_Messages.jpg

This is all that is under Text messages. No spelling. It should be under General Management , not there either. It just doesn't appear in the list!

0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Click on text messages
0 Likes
Nancy_Farmer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks but no, it's not there, just I get this screen....SmartSelect_20240929_191750_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
It should be in the input method you're using. If you're using Samsung keyboard, select it and then select chat assist ( part of Galaxy AI) to customize what you want. Grammar and spelling check is in Chat Assit. You should select apps that would use it as well.

You can set it up straight from the Galaxy AI option as well, especially if you're not using Samsung keyboard.
0 Likes
Nancy_Farmer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been through this list of screens,  - see below - spelling would appear to be switched on, but nothing happens in any app.

tempFileForShare_20240929-183124.jpgtempFileForShare_20240929-183154.jpgtempFileForShare_20240929-183344.jpgtempFileForShare_20240929-183432.jpgtempFileForShare_20240929-183552.jpg

There is a also you tube video that shows it just listed under general management - not nearly so hard to find - but on my screen it's not there!

0 Likes
Nancy_Farmer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

not sure if this is where you mean to be honest, this seems tucked away in a corner of the settings... hence all the screenshots...!

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

In your screen shots, if you notice there's an option turned off: Predictive text. There's also an option to Suggest text corrections ... which is also off, and says that Predictive text must be on for it to work. Have you tried turning on Predictive text and then the option to suggest text corrections?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes