Original topic:

Samsung not honoring warranty on S24 Ultra

(Topic created: yesterday)
user7YTnE0KckX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I purchased Samsung S24 Ultra on June 15th 2024, it is still under warranty. Less than 4 months after purchase, Samsung pushed an update that sent the phone into a reboot loop, it kept randomly freezing and restarting until it died. I contacted Samsung support throught the chat, they sent me to UbreakIfix, they stated that it is unrepairable and updated the ticket.

I reached back to Samsung, they said to send it to Samsung repair center and sent me a shipping label. They then sent me a repair cost of $507 that I have to pay for it to be repaired. PBA repair fee? I called multiple times, no one on the call center says more than the techs say motherboard has physical damage and this voids the warranty, but we will connect you to the repair center to discuss in detail. Repair center agent did not say any useful information, say it might be microscopic damage?!! The phone has never been dropped, no damage on it whatsoever, all the mess started after an update, users are reporting it online and reporting Samsung would not honor their warranty as well. Not sure how to escalate this issue and talk to someone in charge of determining customer responsibility vs Samsung responsibility, all phone agents are just repeating that "tech decided it is a physical damage and out of warranty".

Ticket #4178253350

0 Likes
1 Reply
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Not getting the microscopic damage and how a update caused it
0 Likes