Original topic:

Samsung Messages Now Google Messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Dami12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Is it me alone or does anyone miss the samsung Messaging App 😪😔 all the nice features, background, wallpaper, the entire interface man, I'm really not enjoying google Messages. I always despised it but now it's even worse.
33 Replies
Bar_Na
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Actually, the "swipe left to call", and the "swipe right to message" feature options were no longer available from the Messages screen when I upgraded to the Galaxy A32 5G phone I have. This I had no way to know before buying it, since the floor model phone didn't have the ability for me to see that or even think it would be removed. These swipe sideways to call/message are options only in the Phone recent call log and the Phone contacts screen, as well as in the Contacts screen list. But my previous Galaxy (Core Prime) phone, smaller and looked like the older iPhones, it did have these swipe sideways options from the Messages main screen!! But like so often happens, the geniuses in these tech companies' R&D depts always come up with ways to remove features that ARE good and user-friendly while coming up with ways to add senseless features, thus souring the user's user-friendly experience. Another example from when I upgraded three years ago to the current Galaxy A32 5G from the Galaxy Core Prime, was how they removed the alphabetical side-heading option where it was possible to simply select/tap the letter in the right sidebar menu on the Contacts screen to immediately go to that point in the list, this was easy and quick. This feature was removed in the newer larger A32 5G and instead they made it to where you have to slide your finger up and down on the side edge alphabet list, it is hidden until you start to swipe/slide up or down, but then it feels backwards, you have to slide your finger down in the side alphabet list (a letter pops up) while the screen moves the Contacts list upwards. In other words, they took something that was very very easy simple and quick to use, and replaced it with a feature that is idiotic to use!

Of course, Samsung isn't the only tech co that does these kinds of counter intuitive "downgrades" to device features that are great, only to replace them with features that make far less sense. (Apple is guilty of this as well!) 😂
0 Likes
Megistic
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I had the Google message when I got the s23 ultra. I didn't like the fact that it sync all my messages in one place. WhatsApp, messages and I think telegram. It was too much. When I wasn't to send text messages to a phone contact, I had to search between all other messages which was just too much. I switched back to Samsung. I think Samdung should let us keep Samsung message
0 Likes
Teepea313
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm keeping my Samsung message app until I'm forced to stop. I tried Google, and I didn't like it at all.
0 Likes
RyGuy86
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Definitely perfer the samsung messages app. Mabe they should try to get as good as Google with the RCS issue or try to be even better than Google ? Just a thought
0 Likes