Original topic:

S24 Ultra - Problems with Phone Link

(Topic created: 02-11-2024 07:47 PM)
titleist380
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Interested in seeing if anyone has had a similar problem.  Since I've gotten my Galaxy S24 Ultra (Unlocked), I've had weird "freezing issues".  I say weird because the phone wasn't frozen as I could access notifications, but it was unresponsive to any touch.  The only way to get it working again was to force restart (volume down, hold power).  It took me a while to debug and isolate the program causing this but alas, it turns out to be the one and only Phone Link.

If I get into this mode where things are, let's call it partially frozen, I can exit from Phone Link on my laptop and wait about 30 seconds and my phone becomes responsive again.

It's really challenging as this partially frozen state can occur multiple times an hour or sometimes not at all.  Additionally, I've cleared cache, reset the Phone Link app and thus reset the phone/laptop link, all to no avail.  Anyone else seeing this?  Seems like some kind of software issue.

20 Replies
hakonjs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue.

The phone freezes after using Microsoft Phone Link and i have a Samsung wallet case on the phone.

Can confirm that using the S-pen works when normal touch is frozen. Seems like also taking the cover off and on again resolves the issue.

Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra

Case: Samsung Smart View Wallet Case Model: EF-ZS928

0 Likes