Original topic:

S24 Losing connection to Google Messages for Web

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 08:33 AM)
Marshak33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My S24 has an issue with Google Messages for Web with the Google Messages app.  

If I close the app on the phone, the connection is lost and Messages for web can't find the phone.  As soon as I open the app, it connects.  Background data is on.  I also turned power saving off and no difference.

Has anyone else had this happen?

mdwheaton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here S24+ ... fix it !!!!!!!

0 Likes
Members_omm6aCQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got the S24 yesterday, and this issue is just one of several that's pushing me to return it. In addition to this big software bug, the phone gets much hotter than it should. For the price I paid, it isn't supposed to do that.

0 Likes
mdwheaton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It looks like they fixed it. It was broken but started working for me again a few days ago. I have the S24+
0 Likes
usergGjLDJSaLN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

so what did they do? How did they fix it?! inquiring and frustrated minds want to know!

0 Likes
mdwheaton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I honestly don't know. Mine just magically started working again. I'm assuming an update was made on the web client.
0 Likes
Members_65ag6P2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

9-27-24 I just got my S24+ and I have this issue. I wish my s10+ didn't break--so frustrating

So.. i see the posts here on Samsung-- but no solutions posted by Samsung?

0 Likes
userz9RmLFljth
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm still having the issue on my S24 Ultra.

0 Likes
DoktahSaggz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This is happening with my S23 Ultra on One UI 6.1 as well
0 Likes
RobRobPod4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having this same issue multiple times a day on my new S24+.  My wife got the same phone and she has never had the issue.  **bleep**?

0 Likes
Members_Q9TEQMA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just switched from a Google Pixel to a Samsung 24 Ultra bc I read that Samsung was discounting its messaging system and thought that it would fully support Google messages.  The reason I won't buy an iPhone is bc I love texting from my PC. So disappointed!  I am looking into returning my $1300 bc of this! 

0 Likes