JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pre-order, Trade-in, promotions, discounts - Need help!

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 01:00 AM)
TalhaAyaz1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. I ordered through Samsung shop app - Samsung s24 ultra 1TB, payment got deducted and order went through,

After an hour, got an email that order got cancelled for some reason and now I cant use my vouchers. 

No specific reasons mentioned. 

Did anyone find a fix?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
554 Replies
BigW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have not purchased anything directly from Samsung, including a phone. I purchased my phone from my mobile carrier.
0 Likes
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Today is January 22nd, meaning there are nine more days left in january. Plus 3 days in February makes it a total of 12 days, which is nearly 2 weeks!
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
@Robin621k wow that's another new shock from Samsung. You are absolutely right they usually give you more time for switching info over etc. Cannot believe this
It seems as if Samsung is under new management as so much is different than previous years. Cheers for the info.šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜µ
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

@Robin621k , that is outrageous.  10 days was comfortable and carefree, but three days is a bit rushed.

I haven't seen any label printed my for order and I got in early.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Wicked68
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmm didn't know they shortened the time, let me locate my trade in phone šŸ˜‚. But once you ship it, you have sent it back, even if it hasn't reached them yet. The tracking # helps with tracking trade in submission
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Noticed it too but doubt that this date will be updated because 1) they haven't sent me an email about the trade-in program like they usually do and 2) there is no 'shipped by' date on the label if you tap the print label.
0 Likes
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Just checked my order got the same label but mine is February 4th.. unfortunately, they are not processing these orders correctly. They are aware without receiving new phone one cannot send back old one. 

XoNyshaoX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As bad as I want to get rid of this fold... No problem. I'll have it shipped as soon as everything is transferred over šŸ˜‚.

I'm sure if you contact them they'll give more time. Also like someone else said, until you get the trade in email I wouldn't be worried about that date.
DAN003
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Yea I got 2 weeks when I ordered my s23 ultra Mayne because it'd currently in pre order šŸ¤”
0 Likes
userSZ3Hcmy6th
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I posted this in response to another question, but I would like more general commentary on my experience.  I use and like Samsung products from TVs, to watches to phones, etc.  The only thing that drives me crazy is trying to buy something directly from the company.

I tried to buy two Samsung S22 Ultra's two years ago, but ended up cancelling both in disgust after continued unexplained delays and I purchase directly from Verizon).  Now, I am about to cancel two my S24 Ultra orders for the exact same thing (I failed the "fool once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" test!)..  One date is provided when you begin your order & then, over time, the date extends out into the future. 

The below is my experience in trying to purchasing two Ultras over the last 5 days:

Phone 1:

- Date ordered: January 17

- Where did you order from (samsung.com, carrier, retailer, etc.): samsung.com

- Unlocked or Carrier variant:  Unlocked

- Model, storage capacity, Color:  S24 Ultra 1TB, T green

- Did you trade-In:  Verizon S23 Ultra 512GB

- Estimated delivery date: Delivery initially promised for 1/31; was changed to Feb 14 on my account (no notice of delay was emailed/texted to me).  I noticed the change while trying to buy a second S24 Ultra

Phone 2:

- Date ordered: January 21 (this is when I noticed Phone 1's estimated delivery was pushed back)

- Where did you order from (samsung.com, carrier, retailer, etc.): samsung.com

- Unlocked or Carrier variant:  Unlocked

- Model, storage capacity, Color:  S24 Ultra 1TB, black because the Green was to a delivery date of Feb 21 -see screenshot on entry order page - still listed as of a few minutes ago): 

userSZ3Hcmy6th_0-1705912296012.jpeg

- Did you trade-In:  S22 Ultra 512GB

- Estimated delivery date: Delivery initially promised for 1/31 (see screenshot above) when I began the purchase, BUT the delivery date estimate AFTER they charged my Credit Card became March 14!

I called Samsung and asked for a refund of the first order but Samsung refused to refund - because the purchase was  listed as "in process" in their internal system DESPITE the delivery dates being extended into the future. The policy is that they will keep the payment until I receive this phone and then return it to Samsung (they said I should just refuse delivery and leave a message on my  door!!!). I said that is an unacceptable policy as I will be traveling during the current estimated window and the delivery companies in NYC would never take a written note on any front door & furthermore why should I be at risk for the phone be lost and hostage to more such delays (DĆ©jĆ  vu 2022 for me).. I told the rep I had no alternative but to call my bank and have them reverse the CC charge.  And, I would call Verizon and see if I could get a similar device earlier and have my bank reverse the second phone charge (Verizon has been reliable in living up to and/or shipping before promised delivery dates but they have not offered the 1TB Ultras). 

The rep was nice and understanding but said his hands were tied by  Samsung policies.

The bait & switch in terms of delivery dates coupled with a refusal to refund is beyond outrageous.  Though as said above, my fault, I fell for Samsung's discounts a second time & forgot about my first totally disastrous attempt to pay for their most expensive phones.

Am I just unlucky and is Samsung better than this? 

Should I just go to an EBAY, Amazon, Best Buy reseller and pay the premium in order to not have to directly deal with the systems/policy/performance issues at samsung.com?: