Original topic:

PLEASE UPGRADE Samsung Notes!!

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Notoapple
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, I am a former iPhone user and a converted Samsung Galaxy user since many years now.

I firmly believe that Samsung Galaxy beats iPhone in nearly every single hardware and software innovation.

Except one: Samsung Notes.

Samsung Notes is the single worst application in the Android ecosystem. It's awakward. Not user-friendly. Not syncronizable. It must be improved without further delays to catch up with Apple Notes' pleasant user interface.

1. The greatest issue is lack of seameless interaction with other devices. It is impossible to manage notes in a web browser. Whilst Samsung Notes are indeed available via a desktop app... Yet it is only avaialble for download to Samsung laptops! Working on a several devices is not possible at all. Remember: a lot of brainstorming on Apple Notes takes place either on the Mac or in the browser.
  2. The interface is also very sloppy, user unfriendly  vs. the clean interface of the Apple Notes. I still don't understand the main functions. All my notes are disorganized as a result. 
  3. Headings, numbering fonts etc. not convenient, not pleasant to the eye.
  4. Etc. etc.

Overall, there must be an overhaul of the entire Samsung Notes ecosystem since it is not an application for 21 century and definitely not the one where I could brainstorm, store and structure my valuable memories. 

Hopefully, with this post we will see new Samsung Notes in 2025!

Perhaps, anyone has other suggestions?

7 Replies
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
That's why I use Google Keeps
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Use another notes app. I use Color Note, it syncs easily between devices through my Google account. Sadly, it no longer has a PC version, but at least I can use it through phone link. You are not required to use Samsung notes, like everything else, it's a convenience app. I believe the only thing you can Sync it with is Microsoft's One Note There are quite a few memo apps out there. Use the one best for you.
0 Likes
Notoapple
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks. All of these are half-hearted substitution solutions that do not resolve the underlying lack of funcitonality of the Samsung Notes app.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I know, but we can't fix Samsung Notes (this is a user forum), and Samsung may or may not be inclined to. But, I do know one thing: they intend to keep the data proprietary. Just like we cannot export our passwords from Samsung pass to be used in another password manager. Most of the Samsung apps that people seem to like the best are the apps that require a Samsung product to work properly. The bottom line here is that *you* want a notes app that works across multiple platforms, so you need to choose another product for that end or sync with OneNote.
0 Likes
jennfigueroa44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I beg you differ i have over 700 notes on my samsung notes and I love it
0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I'd imagine Samsung notes is slowly going the way of Samsung Email, Samsung Messages and several other Samsung apps. A good indication of this might be that it's not available on any Samsung watches, while Google Keep Notes is. Probably no major changes to the app on going, only security and bug fixes. Just my opinion
0 Likes
AncientJames
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
As a linux user, the inability to access Samsung Notes on my PC is a deal breaker for me.
0 Likes