JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6.1 Lockscreen Bug -- lost contact information

(Topic created: 03-30-2024 10:00 AM)
Richb89600
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just updated to the UI 6.1 on my S24.  Immediately noticed that the lockscreen doesn't show "owner information" anymore (but does show "Extend Unlock" at the bottom at or near where the owner info used to scroll.  I found a post by DaveHorne on the EU board that explained that if one turns off the extend unlock, then the owner info magically reappears.  Unfortunately, I use extend unlock, so I don't get owner info.  

Clearly, this is a bug in UI 6.1 . Presumably, someone at Sammy will fix it. 

In the meantime, Dave (and now I repeat) an interim solution.

6 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
It's not a bug, it's designed that way. Assuming you are using Extended Unlock at home or some other trusted place, it's not necessary to have owners' info on lockscreen, it's unlocked.
0 Likes
Richb89600
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

So, assuming that I'm using the "trusted places" option, if I leave my "trusted place", the contact information will return?  Haven't tried it, but I'll wager it doesn't.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, it does, I use it on my phone!
0 Likes
Solution
Richb89600
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

You're absolutely correct. I was wrong.

When none of the "Extend unlock" conditions are met, the lock screen shows the contact information, as it should.  Just tested.

So, contact information is shown on the lock screen when a) "Extend unlock" is off or b) when none of the "extend unlock" conditions are met.

Liezl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

But what if, when none of the "extend unlock" conditions are met but still doesn't show contact information. How else to resolve?

0 Likes
SJOC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Maybe intentional, but presumes that there are no trusted locations where contact info showing would be helpful - which there could be ... a family members home, a small office, etc.  

Seems unnecessary to have offered options overlap and "cancel" another. 

0 Likes