Original topic:

How can I switch my secure folder to personal and not work?

(Topic created: 08-23-2024 07:43 PM)
mobscene416
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok sh!t just worked on my s23u but ever since i got thr s24u and setup the secure folder...my contacts wont sync over...when i try to add an account..it tries to add a work account. All the settings are fine as i checked and matched them with my s23u. I install google meet..it logs me in with a work account...how can i switch this secure folder to personal and not work? 

I think google is treating this as a work profile or something...did things change from s23u to s24u?

Any help would be appreciated...

Much obliged!
10 Replies
mobscene416
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Secure Folder is a separate encrypted container and different from a work profile (created by Microsoft Intune during O365 work registration, in my case). I use both on my S24+.

I do not use contacts (Google or Samsung) in Secure Folder so can't comment on the behavior you are experiencing. All of the apps I've installed and use in Secure Folder (primarily financial and other sensitive sorts) prompted for a new login as compared to using the same apps in the default storage location. None auto-populate with personal or work information.

0 Likes
mobscene416
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the info...i dont know if things changed in 6.1 or not cuz the secure folder was working just fine on my s23ultra. The contacts would sync over from the "non" secure folder side.
0 Likes
Hopiemc80
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My phone is doing the same exact thing. I bought brand ne2 as well through spectrum mobile. Even factory reset and making new Samsung and Google accounts does anything to fix it. I believe Maybe I have been hacked somehow and enterprise or some other work related program is being used to manage my device. Factory reset doesn't work because during initial setup Bluetooth and nfc are both turned on automatically installing whatever is needed to complete the attack. It's crazy and Samsung is no help they said just buy a new phone since my warranty is up this phone cost over 1000 dollars. Has anyone that had this issues figured it out yet

VG318
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. That is what has brought me to the community forum. I suspect the bf. I have a Samsung A51 Tracfone and my service is through Straighttalk from Verizon. My phone appears to be controlled by an outside identity. I first thought maybe the work profile thing was it. Now I'm guessing a parental control app installed on my phone without my consent. He completely denies it. I bought a new phone, same thing happened with it. Installed apps by itself. I'm thinking he's doing it through Bluetooth. No one could possibly understand my life with this man. And I don't want to come off as crazy or on drugs to my friends and family. Looking for any advice and/or similar stories to find help. He has access to all of my social media apps. Text and phone. Samsung and Microsoft. Google appears to be the culprit in which he is gaining access. I suppose because of my emails. I've never kept my phone locked around him. Didn't think I had to. Recently found he has been cheating on me, so why is he so concerned with what I'm doing???? I just don't get it. Maybe to keep tabs on me so he doesn't get caught?? He completely denies it of course. I'm looking for answers that I'll probably never get...
0 Likes
Members_P4ewo3D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It is not just Samsung issue.  Someone is using management apps to control my computers and phones... nobody seems to care and think I'm just crazy... if you know how to see your logs in recovery you will see the file system has been changed.  Factory reset does not delete the files they need.  There is some kind of vm running on the phone and I'm connecting to it.  But they have admin rights and I have fake admin rights.  It is the same on my computers...

0 Likes
Noscere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

1000011842.png

Software developer come sustainability manager
0 Likes
Noscere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

BTW how to set an email for forum? There js no box to enter it!? Anyway, I found this eventually.  

I made pics of what I did to sunc things (well, I deleted work profile but it shows the shnx)

Screenshot_20240824_030540_Settings Suggestions.pngScreenshot_20240824_030545_Settings.png

0 Likes
Noscere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Screenshot_20240824_034512_Settings.pngScreenshot_20240824_034527_Settings.png

0 Likes