Original topic:

Galaxy AI restrictive on what you can and cannot say?

(Topic created: Wednesday)
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is it me, or does it seem like Galaxy's AI is being too restrictive on what you can and cannot say? I've been having some frustrating issues with it regarding the ability to grammar check and spell check any grammatical errors that are being made throughout the text. Whether you toggle the ability for offensive language or not, it still says "Can't correct due to inappropriate content." No matter what I do. I love Samsung keyboard, but the AI is terrible. Oh, don't even get me started on how every time I try to use Google voice typing, it keeps dismissing. Does anybody have any solutions to the AI issue? 

29 Replies
Tycoonin87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
And I agree. If you're going to give me this feature, let me use it. It's my text, my talking, and I'm the one who gets to save it, offensive or not. I'm the one who can be offensive about it. This is a feature that I'm using with my words.
Tycoonin87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm really frustrated with how restrictive AI has become. I got this phone because of its advanced features, but it's almost unusable at this point. For example, it flagged a simple statement I made about AI: 'I don't see why we couldn't find a way to have control; we have been creating ways to control what AI can and can't do already.' Even out of context, there's nothing offensive about thatā€”it could have been about controlling anything, like a remote, a cat, or a car. I hate how AI is being so heavily restricted that it's losing its usefulness. Thank you, X, for making Grok unfiltered.
Tycoonin87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I found that when I tell this feature not to go online, it works much better. So, in the artificial intelligence in the keyboard telling it only to do on-device processing, they nerfed the heck out of it when it goes online.
kmarie511
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The Galaxy AI is probably the worst thing, I had a written " Character development is so new and I feel like I'm messing it up but  I am enjoying it as well" and that got flagged as inappropriate.  Seriously that needs to be fixed.

kmarie511
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I also put "She's so talented, I can fan girl all day" Why is this being flagged!? it makes no sense! Im sure the AI feature was one of the reasons people purchased this phone but I shouldn't be restricted for silly things like this. 

userAzsu1E6bx9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung's AI is treating me as if I were a child. I do not appreciate it. When I'm writing to my girlfriend, I don't need Samsung's AI to say, "Can't correct due to inappropriate content." And when did I ever give samsung the right to correct my personal thoughts.
userI1KCXErg5d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Definitely , it's too much

0 Likes
meatcanyon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I literally cannot voice the opinion that I myself am ignorant. It says, "This text may contain inappropriate content." What is the point of using AI spelling/grammar check if it is censoring my basic words? Also just found out if I quote the statement the ainis fine with that.? This is nonsense.
userA1DLw1sF0v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
In what world is this deemed inappropriate..say what you want about samsungs ai text assist, but they have no business restricting what I say. I've come across this multiple times over something as basic as this 1728507155628.jpg
Heldies
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I put the word **bleep** and it said inappropriate text
0 Likes