Original topic:

Camera now useless

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
AndrewFan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know what Samsung did but they've turned my $1,300 phone into a device that can't take any decent pictures because of over processing and whatever the heck the AI is trying to do. I disabled the processing that's supposed to take place when the photo snaps, disable the auto HDR, I don't know what's going on but since the last update this camera phone is now just a phone. My kids $30 digital camera off of Amazon is currently taking better photos of moving subjects and other things. Most of the reason I bought this phone is for the camera setups. I'm sort of able to get some decent pictures in pro mode but now I'm not sure what settings I should be using or what I should be disabling or if it even matters if I do disable something because the issues still seem to keep happening. This is ridiculous I don't understand why it's so hard to keep your flagship device camera operating at even a minimum quality.
5 Replies
Diizzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I would just look up youtube videos on how to better the camera and the settings that's what I did, and found some good info about it
0 Likes
AndrewFan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually have a pretty decent understanding and working knowledge of photography and the settings I'm supposed to be using. Thus far the phone had been good pretty much without any input from me except under certain circumstances. I was in full daylight trying to take pictures of my kid at the park and once it was done processing it would change the color of my kids face to black and white and it would look all grainy. It's like the AI is over processing and doesn't know what to do with all the information. It looks like at best an 8 megapixel photo from a camera years ago.
Diizzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Ohhh okay, i seriously hope next update will fix that cuz I've had issues when taking a photo through google messages and it came out grainy
0 Likes
AndrewFan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
From what I was reading on a few forums it has something to do with AI optimization. It's like the technology is overworking itself and then producing less than acceptable results. This is the first time I haven't been able to figure out how to stop what's causing it. I even have the additional module "camera assistant" enabled and none of the settings seem to address anything I'm experiencing. I've tried turning all kinds of stuff off and on and it's just determined to take sub 2015 photos šŸ˜¢
0 Likes
fellowtraveler2u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll help you. You can search my posts for more detailed information. Basically, what you need to do is to disable Samsung Gallery app permissions for b It's this app that does post processing and not the camera app. I use Google photos instead. Big drawback since I love Samsung editor, but it just ruins my photos with this ai **bleep**. Until there's an option to completely give user control to allow optimizations or not, this app will be disabled.
0 Likes