Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 12:43 AM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
134 Replies
raider08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This matches my experience as well, also using wireless Android Auto
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I wish that my car did wireless AA.  Works great on cable though.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
userpkz3Yd4Wt9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm experiencing a number of issues with Android Auto.

1. While listening to Sirius App or Spotify, songs or shows will pause on its own. This occurs multiple times, sometimes the program will startup again on its own and other times stay paused.

2. Sometimes apps like Sirius and Spotify won't show up on the Android App home screen.

3. Uber Driver app wont show up on Android app homescreen.

Can someone please help me with these issues?
0 Likes
MonsterTN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Replacing the USB cable fixed it for me.
Although the old cable worked perfectly fine with my old phone.
I have S24+ and Volvo XC40 (2019) without wireless option.

Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I heard there are known issues with Android Auto, but I haven't encountered them with my S24.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Spartacusds
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Just adding my name to the list.  My S24 ultra will not automatically connect to my Head Unit.  I have to connect it manually (by pressing the BT button then pressing on connect) every time.  Then after I connect, AA does not start automatically, I have to start that manually as well.  After it gets working, it mostly works properly.

I did notice yesterday that if I press the BT connect button on my phone so that it is searching for my HU prior to turning on my car (and thus prior to my HU booting up) it will connect and start AA automatically after the HU boots up as long as my phone is still "searching for my HU BT connection"

Is there a way to send this issue in to Sammy other than just posting here?  I'm sure others have but the more the better chance they will notice and fix.

0 Likes
Cafryett88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having the same issue, I have come from S22+ which worked perfectly with AA. 

S24 doesn't connect to  wired AA or Bluetooth to my head unit. I have tried different cables and still no luck. It's the only thing I am gutted about. Having to use my old phone for maps and Spotify, so I hope they fix it ASAP! 

0 Likes
ericyuzhuhao
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue. I was able to solve it by switching to the usb cable that came with the phone. I also needed to get a usb C to usb A converter for my car. I got one that supports usb 3.0. Not sure if that helped with solving the problem.

0 Likes
pw11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue for me. I connect to AA wirelessly and it intermittently cuts the connection. Most of the time it re-connects itself without my input within a few seconds, but very annoying.

Galaxy S22 Ultra worked perfectly in same car with same connection method. Only thing that's changed is the Galaxy device!

0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Works fine on my 2023 Acura.  Even Google assistant helps with text messages.  No issues so far.  I use a cable.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes