Original topic:

Gmail not updating?

(Topic created: 09-02-2024 06:44 PM)
Crys1121
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Help! When I open Gmail from my Samsung phone I can see all my emails, reply, etc. it all works. The problem is, when I go on my computer, it's like I never did anything on my phone... All the emails I read on my phone are still unread on the computer, it doesn't show I've replied to anything (I can see them in my sent folder but the replied icon isn't there on the emails). Anything I deleted on my phone is still there..... It's almost as if my phone isn't talking to the computer? But, the reverse isn't true. So, if I read emails on my computer, reply, etc. It DOES show all of that correctly in my phone. It has been a recent (within 6 months) issue I've been dealing with.... Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S23 ultra, got it last year. Have not made any changes to the app or phone other than usual updates.
6 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Think it's a sync issue
0 Likes
Crys1121
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Right but is that a setting? I checked the phone and can't see anything. It is set to auto-sync.... Online the settings seem good too...
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Top my head I think it's Google account or something like in chrome settings where it says at top to sync account let me check my Gmail see if I can find it in there
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
In Gmail goto settings and tap the email address scroll down says something like sync every 30 days try seeing if you can change that
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Unlink and link the Google ( Gmail ) account again
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Crys1121 It sounds like you have your phone's email client configured to access your Gmail account as POP3. That would give you the scenario that you mention. 

If you do have it configured like that, you will want to use IMAP instead. This will probably involve deleting the account from your phone's email client and then adding a new account selecting IMAP as the format. 

0 Likes