JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8 in call volume low

(Topic created: 11-11-2017 12:51 PM)
usera3kLtCJUoT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Tried clearing cache Tried factory reboot Re installed SIM card Restarted in safe mode Still no change and extremely low call volume
JUMP TO SOLUTION
155 Replies
user7rkINeLkWN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked for me! After trying everything suggested, nothing helped. Putting the phone on safe mode did it. When in safe mode, the volume was normal. I restarted and made a call. My in call volume is back to normal now. 

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
BAMM_0703
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had experienced the same problem. I tried cleaning the speakers with alcohol, but it didn't work. 
I tried clear cache AND  clear data from phone apps (3 apps in my case).  Even though, when you attempt to clear data, it shows a message, advising that "All of this application's data will be deleted permanently..." , I went ahead anyway and clicked "OK"; it didn't affect the phone and deleted any contacts or recent phone calls, etc.
Then, I restarted the phone. It worked like a charm, sound on calls are back to normal (voice and ringing are back to normal. 

Hope it helps, good luck! 

**How to clear cache and clear data**
Go to Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All three)>Storage> Clear Cache>Clear Data

0 Likes
usermrwCgZdoBN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I get this over Bluetooth only. can't find solution
0 Likes
useraz5ldWTpeD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Clean the ear speaker.  Ear wax. Hair products. Sweat  

Clean with fine brush and compressed air

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I certainly want to assist you all further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Rico ANDROID
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This device is too expensive $1,000 to have this sort of issue.  I cant hear ANYTHING clear at all every since a few OS udates ago and my phone is brand NEW

Adrienne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Facts! !

0 Likes
userUhErdgDHQR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am also having this problem aswell. And i agree. To expensive of a phone to be having this kind of problem

0 Likes
userRWDwIofb6Z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I’m having the same issue.

model number SM-N950U 

Baseband version 

N950USQS2BQL5 

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

While the model may not be exact, try the steps on these two threads to see if they help out! HERE & HERE

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes